keepin it cool

bigsmoke

hey there. just wondering if anyones used a aircooled reflector thinking of getin 1 this week i've heard they can drop the temp by 8deg. is this right. and is it better to have 2 fans or will 1 do the job.600watt does it cut light intensety much also i have heard of these squirel blower fans where can i get them. and are they the same as the inline fans at the hydroshop. astrofoil is any one useing it is it any good and does it cut done the heat compared to other materials. thanks 4 ya help a donation is comming.

Hey bigsmoke,

Air cooled hoods are great, I have an ablite model and it has dropped my temperatures heaps, wouldn't have an exact figure but the temps are definately alot lower.

1 fan will do fine, use it to exhaust the air out of the grow room, preferably to a place where there is no chance it will end up back in the room....

As for the squirrel blowers you should be able to find them at hydro stores, but for a light hood exhaust a computer fan will do fine, and with most of the hoods they can screw right onto the side...

Astrofoil wont drop temps actually quite the opposite, it is used to reflect light back onto the plants, great stuff, also consider mylar, its expensive but reflects more light than anything I know of.... hope thats helps, good luck

hey,

If your using a computer fan i would advise to use a turret off the end of the hood, instead of mounting straight to side of hood. Less chance of the fan overheating. I used a 6" centrifugal fan for inlet from veg room exhaust and a 12 " bathroom fan to exhaust it. You would also need inlet for veg and flower. If you get the ablite shade with the screws to lock fixture in. Place a few lengths of panda frame under each light fixture and you can run 2 lights side by side. It will fit 2 4's 6's could possibly fit 2 1ks but be real tight. Theres a thread on the old forums about it if you want more info