New seedlings

hey welcome up Brock :applause:

either way works, but fluros almost touching leaves is ok for new sprouts, though i would use more than 18watts

400w hps needs to be handled with extreme caution as new sprouts can be fried in minutes due to heat out of globe (fan directed across sprouts prevent build-up of heat)

clone dome not necessary

all the best

:peace:

hey welcome up Brock :applause:

either way works, but fluros almost touching leaves is ok for new sprouts, though i would use more than 18watts

400w hps needs to be handled with extreme caution as new sprouts can be fried in minutes due to heat out of globe (fan directed across sprouts prevent build-up of heat)

clone dome not necessary

all the best

:peace:

Thanks for the info, what's your thoughts on feeding seedlings?

Hey Brock, welcome to OS.

I assume you are growing hydroponically? I tend to feed my seedlings earlier than a lot of other people, usually I don't wait longer than a week. I do start feeding them at a very low dose though, eg. 200ppm. I also flush very regularly with plain water, and flush less as they get bigger (but still pretty often).

I find a lot of people don't like to feed their seedlings for the first 2 weeks which also seems to work o.k for them.

Basically if you start off at a low dose and don't let the nutrients build up (i.e flush regularly) they will be fine.

Naycha :peace: