Johny Apple seed

Hi all,

I'm only just getting interested in growing this amazing plant so forgive me if this sounds insane :P

has anyone ever just got a bunch of seed, picked a suitable bush location and planted a huge area at a very big spacing between plants....then come back in 1 or 2.....even 4 seasons and see what landraces have populated the area.

i know the seed is expensive but i think it would be very interesting to see what mother nature comes up with.

it would be great to have a source of wild stock to dip into in the future.

love to hear your thoughts.

ssdd

Hi all,

I'm only just getting interested in growing this amazing plant so forgive me if this sounds insane tongue.gif

has anyone ever just got a bunch of seed, picked a suitable bush location and planted a huge area at a very big spacing between plants....then come back in 1 or 2.....even 4 seasons and see what landraces have populated the area.

i know the seed is expensive but i think it would be very interesting to see what mother nature comes up with.

it would be great to have a source of wild stock to dip into in the future.

love to hear your thoughts.

ssdd

Love that idea, we used to have Mongy weed but thats gone :(

maybe you could give Malcom Naden some seeds I rekkon he'd know a cuppla good spots

:P

strange- I know a bloke whos plant went hermi no he has a ton o seeds he wants to scatter everywhere, lol

If we co-ordinated this and had several big drops that could grow and seed on the river ways.

AND this is line with the govts policy on Carbon etc. Heck set up a buisines and right off the expences of planting as a tax right off.

• Upvote 1