Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC):

PH Levels:

Temperature/Humidity Levels:

Air Flow/Fans etc.: 200mm blowing in, 250mm ducting out, no fan yet

Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): HPS

Total Wattage: 2x 400W

Growth Stage: Veg

Cannabis Strain: Unknown

I had started outdoors but have since moved inside..plants were about 7 weeks old and suffering from not enough sunlight when moved indoors..

I have 2 400W HPS lights, 4 plants, so 2 plants under each light.

These pics were taken at almost 2 weeks under 18/6 lights

post-43301-0-28125400-1307337661_thumb.jpg post-43301-0-43517100-1307337866_thumb.jpg post-43301-0-73352500-1307337999_thumb.jpg

1st pic shows the line of pots, lights hanging just above the level of the photo..2nd pic shows the sick plant..3rd shows plant next to sick one, its going strong :thumbsup:

As you can see the sick plant is lighter in colour than the others, growth stunted, leaves curling and yellowing, not happy :thumbdown:

It has been almost 2 weeks since then, I have pruned back some dead and/or dying leaves, only watering no nutes...(I had been using 1/4 strength seasol every 3rd feed) and she is still not growing much at all, not looking any healthier...

Looking like this now, its the one up the back

post-43301-0-16363800-1307338713_thumb.jpg

Strongest plant looking like this

post-43301-0-83925800-1307338905_thumb.jpg

I dont think its a temp or humidity problem as my other plants are doing fine..Its planted in exactly the same stuff and is fed the same stuff as the others, maybe it was just a bad seed?

so I'm thinking I should get rid of it and move my pots around to use my 2 lights for 3 remaining plants, or is 2 400W overkill for 3 plants, 1 600W more suitable for that maybe?

Any advice/tips much aprreciated...

Thanks everyone :bongon:

invest in some fans bruz. They need fresh air. No such thing as too much ventilation. Sorry I can't help too much as I grow in coco, which I feel is the reason why I have had trouble free runs. I don't think I am a green thumb so I don't experiment with nutes, soils and stuff like that..... I just follow instructions and get good results. Maybe ya compost is burning them, can be powerful stuff.

I'd be getting rid of it.

By the time it recovers your others would have shot away and the sickly one will never catch up.

As for 2400 watts for 3 plants, it ain't the number of plants as the amount of grow space.

I have 2400w for one plant but in a 3x3m room.

Go to Cannaversity room calculators. Compare light wattage to grow space.

From the pics I don't see any circulation fan blowing over the plants. This does 2 things. One, it ensures air flow through the foliage and two, it strengths the plants root system and branches

Merl1n

Edit: I've just reread your post and saw 2x400w and not 2400w :doh: . You'll be fine, but again look at the calculators.

Edited by merl1n

2x400w HID's with no airflow except that inlet fan?

You say you don't think it's temp or humidity but you don't mention what those values are...

Can you pull the plant outta the pot and describe the roots?

Never had a plant get that bad, however rather than poor genetics i'd say it was just the least resistant to your environmental problem.

For some reason i'm thinking along the lines of pests or pythium root rot unsure.gif I had to compare it to tobacco mosaic a few times... looks sorta similar but not sure. Anyway i'd get rid of it lol

Have a good check under the leaves for tiny bugs.

Also any reason you run a positive pressure setup? i'd rather that fan extracting if it was all I had. As it is now, the hot air is filling the tent like a balloon... plants are engulfed in hot stale air. In negative pressure the heat is sucked away and cold air comes in the bottom, up through the canopy.

The other plants look better but they definitely ain't thriving.

Goodluck finding and fixing your problems.

Edited by ConvexConepiece

Hey Wayno.

Don't know what's wrong with that one but if you've got the room keep her. Something is better than nothing.

That last picture shows an overheated plant with a lack of fresh cool air that's slightly over watered. I know because mine have suffered the same conditions at times.

See the way the edges of the leaves are curling up a bit? She's doing her best to sweat it all out. No biggy...

IMO... Raise your light a bit, draw the hot air out the top like Convex said, make an inlet down low & cut your feeds down a bit.

Happy gardening Wayno.

GB

2x400w HID's with no airflow except that inlet fan?

You say you don't think it's temp or humidity but you don't mention what those values are...

Can you pull the plant outta the pot and describe the roots?

Never had a plant get that bad, however rather than poor genetics i'd say it was just the least resistant to your environmental problem.

For some reason i'm thinking along the lines of pests or pythium root rot unsure.gif I had to compare it to tobacco mosaic a few times... looks sorta similar but not sure. Anyway i'd get rid of it lol

Have a good check under the leaves for tiny bugs.

Also any reason you run a positive pressure setup? i'd rather that fan extracting if it was all I had. As it is now, the hot air is filling the tent like a balloon... plants are engulfed in hot stale air. In negative pressure the heat is sucked away and cold air comes in the bottom, up through the canopy.

The other plants look better but they definitely ain't thriving.

Goodluck finding and fixing your problems.

Dont have thermometers or anything like that yet, its my first grow so im still buying stuff as I need it..will be investing in a little weather station maybe?

Cant pull the plants up to check roots..will look into netting or something like that for next grow

I check all the plants for pests on a weekly basis.. heading into room tonight to water and check on things, get rid of problem plant :applause:

Only reason its setup that way is it was easier to get the inlet fan installed and running first.( :bleh: :bleh: tiny little brand new additions to the family will slow down work on the room :bleh: :bleh: ).for now I have ducting out, can feel air fowing out the other end. Have set up oscillating fan to move air around the room as well..When I can spend some time in there I will fitting in the exhaust fan

Thanks for the tips guys :bongon:

Dont have thermometers or anything like that yet, its my first grow so im still buying stuff as I need it..will be investing in a little weather station maybe?

Cant pull the plants up to check roots..will look into netting or something like that for next grow

I check all the plants for pests on a weekly basis.. heading into room tonight to water and check on things, get rid of problem plant :applause:

Only reason its setup that way is it was easier to get the inlet fan installed and running first.( :bleh: :bleh: tiny little brand new additions to the family will slow down work on the room :bleh: :bleh: ).for now I have ducting out, can feel air fowing out the other end. Have set up oscillating fan to move air around the room as well..When I can spend some time in there I will fitting in the exhaust fan

Thanks for the tips guys :bongon:

'................will be investing in a little weather station maybe?' You don't need to go that far Dick Smith Indoor/outdoor thermometer $30

Glad to help

Merl1n

I was thinking of getting a weather station to be able to record temp/humidity over a 24 hr (or longer) period... I've googled them, not much more expensive then the $30 thermometer... I dont think regular thermometers have the recording function do they?

:bongon: :bongon: