72 Hours to End the War on Drugs

I posted this on my university facebook and got the following replies -

"WHOO! Slacktivism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism"

"How is the petition going? Did you win yet? I love being able to make change by ticking a box and saying I support something... all from the comfort of my computer."

"Avaaz IS CHANGING THE WORLD!

"We call on you to end the war on drugs and the prohibition regime, and move towards a system based on decriminalisation, regulation, public health and education. This 50 year old policy has failed, fuels violent organised crime, devastates lives and is costing billions. It is time for a humane and effective approach."

OMFG. What a waste of time."

Why are people such tools?

I posted this on my university facebook and got the following replies -

"WHOO! Slacktivism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism"

"How is the petition going? Did you win yet? I love being able to make change by ticking a box and saying I support something... all from the comfort of my computer."

"Avaaz IS CHANGING THE WORLD!

"We call on you to end the war on drugs and the prohibition regime, and move towards a system based on decriminalisation, regulation, public health and education. This 50 year old policy has failed, fuels violent organised crime, devastates lives and is costing billions. It is time for a humane and effective approach."

OMFG. What a waste of time."

Why are people such tools?

As for that last and Prominent Question ...

I will just say to look at how much support Tony Abbot is getting when he is obviously the epitomy of "Dumb Jock".

It seems as though there is an unrepairable rift , stretching as we speak .. that is consuming all reason ...

One one side is the side arguing the fallacies of the other ... Whilst getting nowhere themselves ...

On the other side is trying to 'reason out of' all reasonabl;e approaches ...

Anyhting goes when it comes to 'Presidency' :P

If one cannot see the lies spewing forth from the liberals and take it as truth ...

We can safely say they are over the age of 50 ...

... and/or quite possibly not fit to walk the streets with other 'real-time-fathoming' human beings ..

People with half a conscience and a side of brains are somehow 'Swerpt Aside' in favour of the old-school ridicule ..

That anyone could even promote the thought of possibility that Tony Abbot and Goons may rule is beyond me ...

I have no idea where this type of inadequecy was naturally inducted ...

I have less idea of how so many could come to believe that these type of morons are acceptable to entertain parliment.

It's so strikingly severe .. this idiocy dynamic ... I wonder what it will take to end such corruptions of reason.

ANyhoo ... I think I'm ranting ...

Have been suffering 'Forum Anxiety' of late and it took a few stiff drinks (alongside the stiff other things :o like bongs) to get here ..

ahem

Clearly I'm the inevitable example of what can result of 'idiocy rules' ... subjected to the Backbench of Citizinship ..

Labelled Criminal ... Heaped with fines ... can't even duel the bastards with a glove-slap and a sword-fight anymore ... :wallbash:

No wonder the Garden is so fucking Crazy Now aye ;)

We Wills Makes It's Bettar! :ack:

Bye Now :thumbsup:

Oh ... wait ... what was it I was going to say ..!?.. [sNIP]

Cheers :bongon:

P.s. Hows the survey going?

• Upvote 1

it took a few stiff drinks (alongside the stiff other things :o like bongs) to get here ..

Your post read like it. :)

Nonetheless, I certainly get your point. Anyone who actually believes Tony Abbott is going to fix the mess we're in is seriously deluded and clearly doesn't understand the two headed snake that is our political system.

I can remember these same things said about Bob Hawke and his "goons" !

People writing to newspapers, full of insults and predicting doom from all angles.

Sigh.

Maybe, Daemon and Budman, you should try a 72 hour petition. After all the sucess of the other one mentioned by the OP. was so wonderful.

Oh hang on...It flopped didn't it? Oh well never mind.

You guys are so stuck in unreality it's actually amusing as well as boring.

No wonder we still have restrictive laws on cannabis.

With people like you about, I'm almost glad we have !!

:peace: ^ Yeh man ... It's just unfathomable that anyone could even entertain the idea of Tony Abbot as Prime Minister.

How anyone could think that this man would be an acceptable leader is beyond absurdity.

By no means do I personally think that either party is Optimal ... but the intelligent choice is clear ...

Vote for the Sex Party or something lol , maybe the Greens ...

but if one must play the 2 party game (what choice is there really) ...

then it's clear who has positive ideas for the Country and who Does not.

It is clear that one Party wants to "Move Forward" (and It's about bloody time!) ...

And the Other party wants to stick with the same 'Old-Timey' ... Cynical Jaded Negative Attitude and keep this Country firmly stuck in the 'Stone-Age' in comparison to other countries worldwide.

For the first time I can remember .. there is positive & modern reform that will actually benefit Everyone , Not just in current generations but for All generations to come. Finally taking the first steps toward the Inevitable(!) 'Clean Energy Future'.

Finally the Mass polluters that are Raping and Poisoning our Planet at the expense of All to profit a Few will have to start Cleaning up their dirty corrupt act. Forcing investment in Clean (and Cleaner) Renewable Energies and all sorts of Associated Technology.

The Planet is The most Precious resource , Clean Air , Clean Water and Clean Food are Top Priorities for Healthy Life.

The faster we advance our technologies , the closer we progress toward a Cleaner and Much Healthier society. :)

The benfits to the Environment and on our Continued Health as a Species is important enough.

But the other Advantage is the Massive increase in expenditure that government will have from the Tax/Pricing Schemes that they can funnel into other Massively important projects and infrastructure that have been lagging behind for so long under previous governments.

The benefits of such an idea (and the inevitablity of such schemes internationally) are Enormous!!!

And I simply Cannot believe the Negativity surrounding this Subject.

It is very disheartening to see that so many people care more about their own hip-pocket more than they do about the Planet they survive on , the quality of Water and Air and Food .. and even their future relatives , future generations of their children!

Even when everything continues to rise in cost regardless (always has) ..

and that it has been mathematically & Politically advised/confirmed that it probably won't even cause any significant costs.

There still seems to be this constant negativity and Fear cast about all over the place even though none of it is based in Fact.

It's almost embarrasing ... and Truly Pathetic. :doh:

We live So Well compared to most people on the planet ... yet still everyone complains ...

and isn't prepared to do anything to actually improve the world if they're worried it might cost them a few more dollars a year.

How Selfish and Greedy must we appear to the wider World population?

Imagine ALL the things we could accomplish in this Great Country ...

Imagine the Directions that Technology can evolve our community both at home and abroad ..

and then Look at what is Happening ... Constant childish bickering over only just a few (albeit important) subjects.

Stop the Boats! is Ridiculous ... There isn't even a Real Problem ... It has been Blown out of All proportion!

Both sides are fucking hopeless when it comes to managing this issue (and the debate thereof).

If It's not that then it is one of the other recurring issues that decade after decade are used purely to score political points.

It seems as though political status has taken precedence over the actual Welfare of our Nation and We The People.

To say It's dissapointing is a massive understatement.

Nevertheless ... It is clear which side is progressive & 'Forward Thinking' ... and which side is 'Backward Thinking'.

Your post read like it. :)

Nonetheless, I certainly get your point. Anyone who actually believes Tony Abbott is going to fix the mess we're in is seriously deluded and clearly doesn't understand the two headed snake that is our political system.

:D

Heheheh , yeh thanks man ...

I know what I have said is not Directly related to what you've originally said ...

However I Do think it is relevant. :)

(Plus , It's just becoming very worrying to see how things are progressing ... Have waited so long to see some sort of hint that the leaders of this country might one day catch up to the New Younger generation of Thinkers ... The ones who Truly understand that we live in a very different world than we did 10 years ago ... and how Far we really are behind so many other countries, in so many ways. Even falling behind 'developing' and '3rd World' countries in certain areas. There's just no excuse for lagging so far behind. It must be so infuriating for younger generations than myself that still have so much time on Earth. To see the Magnificance of what can (and will) be acheived over the near future , yet still seeing these moronic Politicians constantly getting nowhere. Playing Politics instead of representative and failing to listen to the people who actually know what their on about , Academics , Intellectuals and other revered critical thinkers. People who can truly help to map out efficient and successful plans and ideas for the future. Not people who perpetually try and stand in the way of progress , continually spouting negativity , cynicism and jaded backward thinking.)

That said ... I am a very Positive person and still see positive change in the near future as a definate possibility. ;)

:bongon:

I can remember these same things said about Bob Hawke and his "goons" !

People writing to newspapers, full of insults and predicting doom from all angles.

Sigh.

Maybe, Daemon and Budman, you should try a 72 hour petition. After all the sucess of the other one mentioned by the OP. was so wonderful.

Oh hang on...It flopped didn't it? Oh well never mind.

You guys are so stuck in unreality it's actually amusing as well as boring.

No wonder we still have restrictive laws on cannabis.

With people like you about, I'm almost glad we have !!

Well then ... Thanks for your input Vertexx

That's a good example of what I'm talking about.

As it happens , I was having a good discussion about this type of thing last night.

The term "Slacktivism" has become popular recently and has started popping up everywhere.

Just like any mention of "Conspiracy Theory" (or Conspiracy Fact) now conjures up insults of "nutters" and "loonies" etc etc.

Even when there are facts presented or positions are based in truth some will use that derogatory tact as an easy cop-out.

The same thing is happening now with the drogatory term "Slacktivism" where it is simply used as a cheap shot ...

Regrdless of Truth , Facts , Relevance or whatever.

And I do belive Both I and Daemon have just been accused of such. With no basis to back it.

Where were we spreading Negativity? ... Who wrote angry letters to Newspapers?

Who spread any "Doom and Gloom"?

Have you actually read a decent selection of my posts here?

It's fairly well known I am actually quite a positive and cheery chap. (Some may say too much so :D heheh)

I'm quite optimistic ... and have never been one to "Spread Doom and Gloom" so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I'm Boring? (doubt it :P) ... And what ... It's illegal because of people like me/us? What!? ... bit far-fetched lol

And so Your Glad that it's legal because I'm such an atrocious person am I?

Who I wonder do people really think is the Doomy & Gloomy one? :D

Who , in all actuality , is really being the "Negative Nelly" in this case?

I think it is fairly self-apparent isn't it. ;)

ANd where did it say that his effort was a flop?

We hyaven't been told how it progressed yet have we?

Did you just read the negative comments he posted and decided that it was a flop?

Why can't a positive effort be encouraged?

Why do some people feel compelled to try and belittle others when they at least try to make an effort?

If you can't be supportive it isn't actually necessary to say anything , nor is it anyones right to judge other peoples efforts.

It just seems so childish and Jaded.

Better to give a constructive critical analysis than to just blurt out derisive comments and appearing like a Grumpy old man.

This approach is always going to be more conducive to civilized discussion. :peace:

And yeah , I remember Old Bob too :D

I was still a little young to have too much of an interest in politics but it's easy to remember that he was quite the character!

(Maybe we should have another alcoholic Prime Minister? lol)

Mighta liked to drink but at least he had a brain between his ears , unlike a sober Abbot!

Certainly have nothing against Bob personally ... In fact I think that in his own way he was quite a brilliant man.

There are always goning to be Nay-Sayers (And Doom-Sayers) ofc ... It's inevitably part of the 'Game'.

But it needs to be kept in the realms of recognized common reality.

They were alot more 'Classy' with their insults and spin back in Hawkes & Keatings day especially.

But now it borders on the ludicrous.

Blatant lies and low-brow insults are the norm from the Libs now.

Also blatant Sexism and Chauvenism directed at our first Female PM is rife. No doubt alot of Older Males feel threatened.

Have been watching QuestionTime as I often do while typing ...

and It's just amazing to see how idiotic the Libs continue to make themselves look. (My Gods that Pyne moron is annoying!) :sick

Julia and Crew absolutely tear them to shreds intellectually. It's plainly obvious on which side the vast majority of intelligence lies.

(not to say that there aren't intelligent members in the other parties ofc but the front bench libs are pitiful.)

I just hope that even if people are unhappy with Julia that reason and logic prevails.

Instead of the Fear and Lies the Liberals are desperatly hoping the masses of sheeple will fall for.

Indeed , with absolutely no policies and firm stance against reform and progress ... Fear and Lies are their ONLY hope.

Cheers all ... Stay Vigilant.

Budman :bongon: