Hey all,

Pretty sure this is a fairly new product, got one 2day. It's a flood&drain, seed raising & propagation kit. Great for idiots like me that forget (or don't have time 2!) water. Only cost me $39.95, and it really is brilliant. You basically have 2 sets of 8 130mm pots and humidifying covers (with butterflies), the system holds 8. Then they sit on sponges in the injection moulded watering tray. You have 1m of 4mm polytube that runs from the automatic watering valve and up into a container of around 2L capacity.

For seed raising, you get a set of clip on saucers. And you even get 16 little plant tags! How thoughtful ::rolleyes::

I'm sure they haven't been around long, in W.A anyway. I'd post a pic, but my camera is temperarily out of service lol

Got it from my local hydro store lol

Edited by chev81

Hey chev, how DARE YOU!!! I bought one two weeks ago and I was going to do a full review on them here to encourage everyone to go out and pick one up.... Damn flu...

Heh heh, just kidding.... I'll have to correct you on a few things tho. It's not a flood and drain, it's gravity fed. And the water sits in the base to be absorbed through sponges and media up to the clones/seedlings. I'm experimenting currently with the Aquamiser using a 50/50 perlite vermiculite mix, and tomato seeds. All are up and running well. I think this could be a great tool for us growers. I'll take some pics later on and show it off to ya all... :rolleyes:

And this is a W.A. made and manufactured product.... Fantastic.... lol

I think the main advantage for cloning will be that the individual pots can be set up with a clone in a cube each sitting in a media of choice, (be it soil or hydroponic media, I think you all know which I'll prefer) and the clone has it's own humidicrib essentially. With the pot being 130mm you've got plenty of room for the clone to grow on within, and with each clone having it's own dome, they can be adjusted as the individual clone takes. I know I have some probs with large amounts of clones, they don't all take at the same time. Some root quickly, some slow, and the humidity can only really be adjusted correctly for one of them.

I haven't done a cloning in it yet, but that's next on the cards. I've found it fine for tomato seedlings, so I can only assume it'd be fairly good for a mj seed raising too. I should be taking some this coming week, so when I do I'll make the aquamiser the method, rather than the standard one with a "normal" humidicrib.

As to your q on the autopot valve, well, sorta, it's more like a micro sized float valve which allows about 4mm of water in. You can adjust that I'm told. When the water level drops, the water is automatically replenished by the 4mm tube which is sitting in water above, and which has already been "primed" by sitting below the water line in the bottle, and having you suck on the end of the line until water comes out, then attaching the line to the valve. Simple.

I could sit here and go through a shitload of effort taking pictures, and writing out more descriptions, or I could just do this.

Aquamiser.com.au

Oh, and I picked mine up for 30, although 30-40 seems like the avg price, depending on where ya buy it.