Peanut Cannaoil Question

I attempted to make some peanut cannaoil by using about 1/4oz of vaped (still had a dark green colour) plant material, with a few stems and a tiny bit of kief. I used about 3/4 cup of peanut oil and put it on 'low' in my slow cooker for about 12 hours. I havn't properly tested it yet but I suspect that it may not work because it has almost no smell apart from a light peanut oil smell and didn't take up much colour. The oil is dark, but seeing as I used a very basic straining method of pushing the plant material through a wire strainer with the back of a spoon, I believe most of the colour to be simply plant material sediment. If this has worked, how potent do you think it would be? I've heard of the really potent stuff being taken under the tongue using only maybe one teaspoon, so I know it won't be that strong but maybe I would need say 3 teaspoons?? Also I hope that I didn't cook it for too long, though it was on a seriously low temperature. At no point during the cooking was there a strong smell, only quite a mild one. Is it possible that I didn't cook it on a high enough temperature??

Cheers in advance for anyone who wants to help! ;) :bongon:

well thats interesting Cactusgumnut, glad it worked for you :thumbsup:

i reckon you could leave the stems out next time cause, as i understand it stork and stems have no resin glands

i wonder if such long cooking times are necessary, when i bake Canna its only heated for 15-20 minutes?

anyways i'll be giving it a tryout, thanks for sharing

:peace:

well thats interesting Cactusgumnut, glad it worked for you :thumbsup:

i reckon you could leave the stems out next time cause, as i understand it stork and stems have no resin glands

i wonder if such long cooking times are necessary, when i bake Canna its only heated for 15-20 minutes?

anyways i'll be giving it a tryout, thanks for sharing

:peace:

The extended cooking time was partly due to falling asleep whilst doing it... The stems I was using definitely had resin glands on them though. Considering this was mostly vaped material I am quite happy the with potency! Time to put the oil into a recipe I think!