Autopot PH Issue, Plants looking sick HELP pls!

I had a bit of a problem with my pH, primarily at the start of a grow when the fluid was exposed to the light and I had an algae bloom on top of the perlite. Once the plant got big enough to cover the pot and the fluid was no longer exposed the algae died and the pH settled. I'm not sure if it was the algae directly or another pathogen that the algae encourages but once the algae died everything settled down.

As for the salt levels I run mine at around 1400 to 1500 ppm. My nutes recommend 1600-1800 but thats way too rich for my setup.

Ev is so right, perlite must be washed and washed well

And flush your system and do it regular. Detox your plant

Many problems can be remedied by a good flush.

Smelly fluids can often be a sign of root rot, Ive just had something similair and did a couple of flushes using OxyPlus and things seem to have settled down, for now.

Merl1n

I had a bit of a problem with my pH, primarily at the start of a grow when the fluid was exposed to the light and I had an algae bloom on top of the perlite. Once the plant got big enough to cover the pot and the fluid was no longer exposed the algae died and the pH settled. I'm not sure if it was the algae directly or another pathogen that the algae encourages but once the algae died everything settled down.

As for the salt levels I run mine at around 1400 to 1500 ppm. My nutes recommend 1600-1800 but thats way too rich for my setup.

Ev is so right, perlite must be washed and washed well

And flush your system and do it regular. Detox your plant

Many problems can be remedied by a good flush.

Smelly fluids can often be a sign of root rot, Ive just had something similair and did a couple of flushes using OxyPlus and things seem to have settled down, for now.

Merl1n

Hey Merlin,

Glad you got your PH sorted aswell. I will from now on be flushing regually to REHAB :) them. I have been running them at 1200ppm but have backed of to 700ppm, i now realise the stronger the nutes the more regular flushing is required i guess. I will hopfully be able to salvage my grow, but next round watch out! I should be reading to roll then. Also i will be changing the Ressie more as Reverend advised me to :).

All in all i hope my plants start to look better this week, but ever after flsuh u can tell they liked it.

Also do u guys spray your leaves to simulate rain through grow period occasionly before lights out?

Hey Merlin,

Also do u guys spray your leaves to simulate rain through grow period occasionly before lights out?

I did at one point, but the less moisture the better, less chance of mould developing

When I did, I didn't see much improvement, so I stopped.

Merl1n