co2 dosing duration

duc750f1

You're trying to get the ppm of Co2 in the room up to about 1500ppm as opposed to the "normal" levels in air of around 300ppm, depending on where you live. You have to work out how big your grow is, how much gas comes out of the tank in liters an hour, and also calculate how much gas takes up how much room in the growroom, to work out how much to put in there to get it up to the optimum 1500ppm...

You also can't really vent when injecting CO2, which is another reason why it's such a hassle to use. You aren't going to get much out of it if you're venting it as soon as it comes in, are you? :) and ceasing venting can cause other problems, like heat and humidity levels getting out of control... Unless you're willing to fork out thousands of dollars for complex controllers and the ideal room to use them with, I think that quite honestly, you're more likely to get better yeilds and growth rates by refining your growing methods and choosing different strains than by adding CO2. And I've read here that it doesn't do much for flowering, just speeds up the veg a bit more... Just my humble opinion here mind, but don't bother. :D

CO2 is difficult in cupboards because you pretty much need constant ventilation for temps. More managable in large grows. If you want to do CO2 in cupboard I reckon the key is to have localised ventilation around your light and separate ventilation for main cupboard area. You can buy a product called CO2 enricha where basically you put some powder in a container and setup water to drip onto it slowly. As the water mixes with the powder it releases CO2. pretty cheap method and I've heard a couple growers say good things about it.