1 X1000w cool tube vs 2 x600w cooltube HPS

Fuck me PPG why is everyone full of shit to you.. Fair enough the bloke with the 3 600's in the 1.2 tent is talkin out of his arse, but why is 4lb off a 1k light so unbelievable...? Ive seen some fuckin gnarly shit that I never thought I would have seen.. I bet if someone told you they got 9kg of dry bud off 1 plant you would call them full of shit too? But I have seen it! On this site!

Were an accepting community! Fair enough asking for pics and someone to prove it! But you dont have to be a rude prick about it, we want new members here! We wanna attract people and not scare them off :)

And I think im with PPG on this one, if you are expanding the room, 2x 600w lamps would defintely be the go, but if you are sticking with the 1.2 x 1.2 tent then just go the 1000, be a bit of overkill chuckin 2 lights in there I reckon... Maybe have a look for a better reflector aswell might help ya a bit? :)

Philfy, fuckin top pics mate! Plants look great and can clearly see you know what your doing! Top stuff man and cant wait to see more of your work! :)

Sorry burnz but show me the 9 ponds off 1 plant under 1000watts in a 1.2 by 1.2 meter space or even in a 3 by 3 meter room and ill say im sorry to the bloke. oooo sorry 9 kilo ur saying that would be like 20 pounds......nar im still calling bullshit

9 Kilograms is equal to 19.841603598 Pounds

Edited by pisspotgrower

lol, burnz, i was going to say something last night, but then you'd have jumped on me too...

Think about it, unless your name is mongyman, chato, gh72, rev, oz, or a couple others around here, your word aint SHIT... and I'm kind of getting sick of it.

You did the exact same thing to me in chat yesty burnz, too, so maybe everyone needs to chill.

Smoketh da peace pipe, n move da fuck on. :bongon:

Its the Bull crap claims i call crap.....maybe just cause none of these bloke lie outa there ass thay dont need to be told there wrong.

Look though 99% of the threads i help ppl, but if ppl r posting misinfomation...or just planin talking out of there ass and giving crap advice...im not going to stop correcting them or asking to show me.....its only when i call em out and ask to be showen that they blow up....

And i can prove what i do so y should i lie down :)

Edited by pisspotgrower

Sorry PPG, I shoudlve said the 9 kilo plant was outdoors, but it is true. Gundawindis monster from a few years ago. If I find a link I will post it. 9 kilos of dry bud off 1 plant is a monster none the less! I reckon if you seen a plant that big, it is a once in a lifetime thing.

Just sucks that now you have scared philfy off and he actually knew how to grow :( Unlike alot of the idiots on the forums... People probably could have learned a bit from him.. And he wasnt saying he was pulling this off in 3 months, he clearly said longer veg times, maybe not in this thread but somehwere...

yer wall man were talking indoors under 1000 watts, what u have said has absolutely no relevance to this thread or to the yields that we were dicussing so until u have something relevant to the conversation how dare u have a shot at me.

And if i sacred someone off because i didnt believe him well shit happens,l maybe some peeps need to stop crying in the corner have a cup of cement n harden the fuck up.

Edited by pisspotgrower

Yea sorry man, I was wrong anyways... The yield off the plant I was talking about is just over 9lb.. Not 9 kilo.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/20924-my-home-grown-monster-project/page__hl__gundawindi__st__110

And I wasnt having a shot at you.. Just saying sometimes it is nice to show some respect? Sorry if that offended you mate. But I was brought up to treat people how I want to be treated, and how they treat me.

And if you help people in 99% of your posts, I miss a hell of alot of them.

Start reading champ :)

I show full respect till ppl make outlandish claims n i ask to be showen....if ya cant handle that no need reply anymore n the peace will be kept :)

Unless ya like the old lady crossing guard at the school n like to hold ppls hands n make em feel safe....

Edited by pisspotgrower

Ok, (sorry for the long absence), so I gather the consensus is that 1 x 1000W is going to have better results that 2 x 600w in a 1.2x.1.2x2 are. My thought were that 2 points of light are better than one, but the more watts = better results make sense to me. So unless there are any other opinions 1 x 100w seems the go!

my 2 cents worth

i wouldnt worry about getting the 1000w yet. it really is overkill in a 1.2m x1.2m unless you want to run co2.

forget about cooltubes they are pieces of shit. go get yourself a good quality air cooled reflector. make sure its a good one. it should have sloped ends as well as sides (a lot of hoods just have sloped sides then the ends are sqaured off and that cuts off heaps of light spread at 2 ends of your grow) in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent u would want a real shallow hood so it spreads the light outwards to cover the whole area and it will give you better head room. a good quality hood should also have a hinged glass section so u can have easy access to clean the glass or change a bulb u dont want to have to be sliding a big piece of glass in and out all the time its a pain in the arse.

then get a real good fan to duct it. something with a lot of pull. dont try and pull air through a carbon filter either. the air running through your hood should enter from outside your tent and exit outside your tent for best results. in other words the air for your hood doesnt interact with the air in the tent at all. this isnt something you absolutely have to do, heaps of people pull air from inside there tent then force it out through there hood and into a filter and thats the only ventilation they have because they are on a budget but im guessing your not one of those people.

try that and then if your still not happy or you simply just have your heart set on going bigger then at least u will have the right hood set up for the job. and if you do go the 1000w i would suggest getting some of those co2 buckets or something happening and take it to the next level.