Seed viability generation to generation

Can anyone help me ?

If I keep my seeds from this harvest and plant it out next season,

how many times can I harvest seed from one generation and grow the next

without compramising the quality?

Do I at some stage introduce a different male for hibrid vigor?

mmm

if your getting seed from your harvest your not growing sensi \ seedless bud of the highest nature .

grow from seed from a seed bank , establish females , then grow from clones ...

i found 5 or 6 yrs starts to pull em up for quality so , buy new seeds and off ya go again

ev :bongon:

Thanks everest,

the seed I am growing from now is like nothing I have ever tasted before.

I don't want to part from it and I want to keep it going to the best of my ability.

I only pollinate one stem on each plant and the rest is all sensi.

This is cosmic stuff mate, and I look at it like a once in a lifetime gift.

I want to look after it and keep it going to the best of my ability.

I grow outdoors and want to keep it that way.

Any advice I get on keeping this family growing will be greatly appreciated.

It's not for sale and probably never will.

If I lose it I will deffinately be buying seed.

After a couple generations you can introduce new genetics from a similar strain - this should reintroduce a little vigour.

By introducing new genetics you are avoiding inbreeding the strain - I guess you can even pick the best of the kids off that cross and cross breed them another few generations.

Main rule being you can't keep having the seeds off the seeds off the seeds off the seeds off the seeds for too long with one strain - chances are it won't be as good as the original after a few years. :thumbsup:

A good way to go would be make HEAPS of seeds this year - enough to last you 10 years with the same genetics. Remember to store the seeds properly.

Edited by phreakah

Hey Tomscro welcome too OS.

Ive had mixed success in the past inbreeding strains. KC Brains Mango I took too 7 generations with thet last gen being as good as the first in my opinion. Although anothjjer hybryd cross I made that was the bomb as an f1 lost its way by f3. There could be many factors why however.

I belive there are quite a few strains on the market that are of inbred lines. I dont know how many generations that is or how the breeding stock is selected. I still have The Pure aka original skunk 1 which is known too be from an inbred line and its great

in essence I know sfa.

Good topic though .

I'm in the same boat treeboundrat.

I like the idea of growing heaps of seed to maintain (seedstock) potency for a few years.

Growing heaps of seed would also allow some experimentation without losing the original seed stock.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if I kept the first gen, bred for say 5 more gens and then in the 6th or 7th gen grow the 1st gen alongside the 7th gen and use the male from 1st gen over female of 7th gen?

Wonder how that would effect the 8th gen crop?

Bird breeders breed back to previous gens to get better colour in their birds plumage.