Harvest tips

/hey

I can't belive I'm stillregistered here!

Anyhow, I have a couple of outdoors I'm about to pull, and I've been trying to cure a couple of buds so I get it right.

When I do though, they smeel really crap. I have been hanging them in my shed for about a week (the first bud was small so I should have done it less) until the stem is just about to break, then jaring them. I am giving them some air once a day. Will the nice smell come in the jar process? I took all the shade leaf off and trimed at the start.

The shed has interior walls, and there are two windows that let air through. It is not pitch black but it is dark.

I ahve no idea how to check the humidity. We have an ionizer and a small fan, I suppose I should use these?

I think one of the plants is rootbound as the leaf has been going yellow despite putting NPK into the soil. I did not test the PH. Using worm team mainly from my worm farm. Not too much though.

]Anyway It is time topull and I want them to smell/taste nice! Could it be the strain that is the problem? They smell just like dried grass, you know the wack bushbud smell that is basiclly nothing?

Anyway, thanks for any help guys.

Q Should I dry inside my house?

don't think how you cure will change the smell. to make sure they're dry a mate of mine used to put his pound bags in the morning sun for five or ten minutes before sealing them and if condensation formed on the inside of the bag they were not completely dry. don't let them get hot tho'.

The just mowed smell does go away, takes a couple of days. Strain dependant dictates the harshness of the smoke some mellow as they cure some like Red Devil are harsh.

Have a read in HERE

:peace:

cheers, I just opned the jar and got a good whiff. I have a cold tho. When I smell the bud it's self it is kinda crappy still.

G'day Phat. Curing your harvest properly, depending on the strain of the crop, can sometimes take up to a couple of weeks. The new mown smell means it isn't ready yet, it still has an excess moisture content. You will know by the smell when it's right. You are doing it the right way, just make sure the drying is complete before hand, as if you don't the curing will take ages, or may even go rancid, and that's a smell you don't want or will ever forget. Just be a little patient, cobber and it will be just fine. :guitar:

wat i do is

harvets and manicure as they come form the plants

i have a screen and rack and lay em out on that

its in a cool dry area with no light

i give em 7 days then go into jars

i leave em in jars for 2 days

then bring em back out onto racks for a further 2 days

then back into bottles and burp em daily

if they still a bit damp ill lay em out again

once satisfied with teh dryness back into jars

buirping briefly daily tapering off to every few days over a month

i find its only time that removes the clorofyll taste

all the best

bil

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, I'm really glad to hear that smell will go with time.

I had a read on that link, cheers.

Something I've not been able to find out online though:

When getting rid of the shade leaf, and then trimming back the smaller ones on the bud, do you go way back to the stem on them, or can you just trim them to the edge of the bud (if ya know what I mean).

Also, I have a fucking massive lung infections so I'm not sure I'll be abloe to smoke em for a while:( Thinking of getting a vap, is that easy on the lungs?

I should post a pic if I'm allowed, the poor things are in pots and one of em looks pretty sorid, but it has gone to flower well. Regadless of what stage they are in, I think I have to pull em (they are outdoors). there is another thing, a couple of the buds have this really, really brown bit in the middle, not typical of a bud but almost looks like it is dead. However, to smell it, it seems tasty as