why not just hang roots in air?

pipeman

Yeah,

Pumps dying is a pain in the arse.Maybe you can incorporate a dual pump system..I stopped using pumps all together atm, but I may go back to them next time I have a go.

Regards

kash

yeah, what I was thinking was 2 pumps sitting in the res, both pumping up to a high level container which has the drip lines running down to the plants. You size the pumps so that even if only one is working it can fill up the container on each watering cycle. Then near the lid of the container you have an overflow pipe that goes back to the res. So in normal operation the 2 pumps will be pumping more water than you need, and a lot of it will be coming straight back to the res through the overflow pipe, but if one pump dies, the other will do the job without missing a beat.

the system will work, but the only problem with any type of aeroponic system is that you will have to pay very careful attention to keeping everything really clean in the grow room and also really closely monitor the ph and nutrient CF levels more than 3 times per day

These type of systems can have explosive growth but on the flip side you will get more problems in "house keeping" the setup.