planting seeds at different times of the moon cycle

hey guys how is every1 hope all is well,

just wondering if you guys could help clear something up for me one of my mates seems to think the best time to plant a seed outside is on a new moon and another mate recons on a full moon now me personally i dont have a clew and didnt think it mattered what the time of the moon cycle was can anyone help clear this up for me and shed some lite on whats the better time??? thanx guys

:peace:dirtyman:peace::bongon:

sweet as cheers for clearing that up 4 me mate i'll let both the lads no there wrong! ha ha i always new the moon had summin to do with the tides and fishing but didnt think twice about it effecting ya plants learn summin new everyday and i mite just drop a seed in when that moon cycle changes thanx again bro have a good1 champion!!!

In all honesty I haven't taken any part of almanac farming, but what I do know about it is from first hand experience with my grandmother. She lived by the almanac in her gardening. Obviously in this case I am not talking about cannabis, but as my grand-parents were farmers, and my grandmother focused on the 1 acre garden they had on the farm, she planted solely on the moons phase. I was always curious about this method but never took it any further than that she had an awesome veggie patch, and my cousin and I as kids lived in there robbing all the delicious fruits and veggies before the birds could get to it. It has actually crossed my mind about trying to implement this technique into my growing

Sorry if I sound like a skeptic. I know the moon plays a vital roll in many aspects of life on earth and man used it as a type of calendar before our current system of time was put in place. But other than a time frame to plant what are the benefits of planting at different phases of the moon?

Bigrat

Theory behind this method is more garden wisdom than science based

based on the gravitational pull of the moon on the flow of moisture in soil and plants

ever since hunter/gathering man settled and began gardening/farming the land

it became apparent that seeds planted at certain times of the moon’s cycle sprouted and grew better than at other times

over years of trial and error planting by the phases of the moon became as important as preparing and nurturing the soil to many farmers an gardeners

today lots of gardeners reckon they achieve larger and tastier harvests when gardening by the moon

even if they have never danced round their garden nude in the moonlight ;)

:peace:

I know that fungi are now a completely different classification to botany, how ever to give you an example....when the mushroom season comes round a great time to go is the day after a full moon. This is due to the gravitational pull the moon actually has and weather you believe that or not the proof is definately in the pudding, trust me :disguise:

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

But thought this might be of interest.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/2011/07/16/being-in-tune-with-the-moon/

Being in tune with the moon

Kate O’Neill | 16th July 2011

Best time to clean your house. Favourable for cleansing facials and mud wraps and for operations.

TOMORROW is the perfect day to clean your windows or wash your hair.

Why? Because the moon is waning in Aquarius. Of course.

It sounds far-fetched, but Mullumbimby author and astrologer Iris Detenhoff says timing household tasks and health routines to match with phases of the moon results in less effort, less cost and a smaller environmental footprint.

Her book and website, The Moontime Diary, which she has published since 2007, suggests the perfect days to embark on everything from plaque removal to treating warts to mowing the lawn or mopping the floor.

Among her claims: stains dissolve more easily and less laundry detergent is required when the moon is waning in Cancer; hair regrows stronger if cut when the moon is waning in Leo; and cakes turn out well when the moon is waxing in Gemini.

Ms Detenhoff, who is also a trained nurse, says it is all about living “in tune with the moonâ€.

“We know that fishermen always go out with the tide instead of struggling against it.

"You can choose the right moment to achieve better results with less effort.â€

She says farmers have been following the cycles of the moon for centuries, and the principles of her book are no different.

The first two weeks of the moon cycle is when cells absorb and retain moisture, making it a good time to nourish your body and avoid toxins.

This culminates at the full moon, she says, when cells are full and things get tense – making it a bad time for operations.

As the moon wanes, cells release moisture, making it a good time to cleanse and detoxify your home and body.

“It's quite logical. It's nothing mystical,†Ms Detenhoff said.

But North Coast astronomer Dave Reneke is sceptical of anything that links human behaviour with the moon.

“There's definitely no scientific evidence of the moon influencing human activity,†he said.

Violent incidents did spike around a full moon, but this had more to do with more people being around and staying out longer because of the extra light, he said.

The 2012 Moontime Diary will be available in local bookshops from September.

HHS

if you ask anyone who works in the hospitality industry they will tell you there is always more trouble on full moon... doesn't always have to be science to back something up.. some things just are the way they are in this old world imo..

the farmers almanac and astrological moon charts for gardening have been around forever, and there is no proof that they don't work.. i feed my plants using a tidal chart.. dunno if it does any good as i don't have the grow experience, but it certainly doesn't do any harm... just feels right for me and my way of feeding..

new age or old age, i guess ultimately it's whatever works for you :bongon:

:peace:

well i wouldnt have a clue about cells ,mioster effects , but i now the fazes of the moon are just how much light is getting past earth ,

so the moon is always over the top of you around every 24 hours , no matter what faze it's in it still has same pull on earth, an where the sun is has alot to do with how much the moon effects earth,

the sun , moon , jupiter have allot to do with it all , so the size of any planet / moon determens how much gravity pull it has , so i carnt see how how much light is showing on the moon does much , could do ?? bongon.gif i now a bloke that reconds its best to harvest on a full moon ,

here ya,s go i just found this show's you about sun moon effects at diff positions http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/moon/Tides.shtml

Edited by smashed1