Outdoor nutrient intake

my outdoor plant is in bud stage, for about month now, flowering i mean.

I recently, (2days) notice the leaves on the buds are half yellow, half green. the yellow half being closest to the flower, the outer is green. weird.

My feed cycle might be the issue. I am using dutch master gold nutrients. I will probably answer my own question in this blog. I am feeding the plant according to the dutch master indoor feed rate, there is the problem right guys? I should lower my nutrients for outdoor weather? Should I feed it everyday or every 2nd or 3rd day? the weather here is between 23-32 and getting cooler.

I hope u can understand my blog.

I am growing in a huge pot, with potting soil(i regret not using coco husk), my ph feed is 5.5-5.9 according to my 13 dollar ph alkaline kit.

Using all the standard additives, silica, zone, flower max, gold a , b. occasional worm farm feed. My gold a b is 35 to 45 mls per 10 litres.

How often should I flush with plain water? once a week during flowering? some1 help please, thanks

It is normal for leaves to turn yellow during flowering. The plant is using up nitrogen from the leaves.

Pics would help but it sounds like you are on track for flowering. I feed my indoor (in potting mix)plant every second feed with nutes. The other watering I just use plain tap water left in a bucket for a day to evaporate some of the cholorine away.

The last two weeks of flower I just use plain water. Your ph could be a bit higher for soil. Mine is around 6.8/7.

But if it is working for you then don't change anything.:applause:

I don't/can't flush the 50ltr pot in my tent. Straight water for the last couple of weeks is usually enough for me.

but Brick, these are the leaves on the buds that are turning yellow! there is something seriously wrong! I agree Mr Chang's PH is too acid. a coupla tablespoons of builders lime in a bucket of water will help that ... but I don't understand the fertilizer regime ... seems to me hydro nutes and soil just leads to problems.

besides the PH, Mr Chang, my remedy is: give BIG BIG flush ... tap full on for an hour! then swap over to thrive flower and fruit, or manutec bloom booster. alternate feeds with liquid chook poo. every third feed just water.

I think some people get too hung up on fertilisers, spending big bucks on something that is unnecessary. The two ferts mentioned above are all I've ever used for flowering and I see no need to use anything else. You are using a very large pot. So unless you have a tree in it, the soil should have some goodies the plant can call on. Keep fertilising it, just don't overdo it. You would probably freak if you seen how small the pots are that I use.

As long as it looks healthy leave it alone.

Goodluck

Bigrat

it sounds like you might have went a bit overkill on the nutes,just give it water for week or 2, a little bit of calcium wouldnt hurt either.I agree with rat about the ferts people do get abit carried away with them,i only use potash for flower and never had any problems but im carefull i dont over doit because they dont like to much of a good thing..hope it works out for ya...

heya amcChong welcome to OzStoners :thumbsup:

at a wild guess id say you are killing the plant slowly with your cocktail of "standard additives" and hydro nutrients ... these elements contain salts which can buildup in soils to a toxic level unless flushed out periodically

you are spending 3-4 times the amount of $ on nutrients and additives as what you spend on a PH tester

am i correct in thinking you have no idea at all what the PPM/TDS rate is that you pumping into the plant?

PPM= parts per million a scale for measuring the salts dissolved within the water

:peace: