URGENT help

Ok,grow info - small growbox,3 x 23watt clf`s,1 x 48watt cfl and a 1 x 65 watt clf.temp between 25 and 31.The plant in the 3.5 litre dwc is what im having a problem with.It was in a soil grow till i transplanted it into the dwc with perlite as medium.

Was using greendream 1 nutes,it says on bottle use 2ml but i used 1ml for first time.Using rain water and everything was fine up untill last night.Was using vinager as a ph down.Last night i scored some powdered aquarium ph down from a friend(its a few years old)and i also bought a bottle of proganics grow part a + b in 1.

Used it in my dwc water with the aquarium ph down,woke up today and the plant seems to be turning dark brown on a couple of edges.The proganics bottle says add 5-8ml per every litre of water so i used 2.5ml to start with.And after putting my aquarium ph down in the ph was at 5.5.

I think if anything its the aquarium ph down doing this i mean how could it be the nutes?As im only using about 25% of the recomended dosage.This is my first dwc grow so please i need some help with this.

Yup the aquarium stuff is probably sodium based, not phosphorus or potassium. May be quickly causing toxicity.

The transplant itself may have caused problems too, so giving them something like a drop of super thrive or similar b vitamin additive will probably help.

But drain the nutrient, flush the medium with fresh ph adjusted mild nutrient and put fresh solution in the system. Buy some proper ph adjuster first though.

Hey ktm, I'd prolly ditch the perlite or at least hope you washed it well first.

When you added the ph down did the water go cloudy at all? I agree with Darth both to steer clear of the aquarium ph up and down and a little bit of superthrive wont hurt at all as rain water can often need a top up of vit's.

Good luck.

peace

c

Hey thanks all,i know that the aquarium ph down is not the best choice but some people on the net say they use it with no probs,the only reason im using it is cause i have no funds atm and there is no hydroponic supply shops near me.Superthrive,is that an addy i put with the nute change or just use it on its own?

The plant is no worse atm and it has grown a tiny bit since i transplanted it into dwc.When i added the ph down the water did not go cloudy at all,just as clear as it already was.Oh and the perlite i had to use since i had no clay balls,other guys use it with no probs and some people use nothing else but perlite.Its keeping moist,holding the plant and only a few pieces have fallen through my homemade net pot but i just pick them out.

And yes i have washed it realy realy good before use.

Hey thanks all,i know that the aquarium ph down is not the best choice but some people on the net say they use it with no probs,the only reason im using it is cause i have no funds atm and there is no hydroponic supply shops near me.Superthrive,is that an addy i put with the nute change or just use it on its own?

The plant is no worse atm and it has grown a tiny bit since i transplanted it into dwc.When i added the ph down the water did not go cloudy at all,just as clear as it already was.Oh and the perlite i had to use since i had no clay balls,other guys use it with no probs and some people use nothing else but perlite.Its keeping moist,holding the plant and only a few pieces have fallen through my homemade net pot but i just pick them out.

And yes i have washed it realy realy good before use.

I use aquarium pH one drop tester but not aquarium pH up and down. If it ain't for hydro, then it doesn't get added to any of my fluids. The pH test uses a test tube for obtaining the sample to test then you dispose the test fluid.

You've got a be safe.

Merl1n

In my limited experience... I find that the aquarium ph down stuff is fine. My dwc is going off its head.:thumbsup:

I used the same stuff in my first effort and tthey turned out pretty awesome

The only thing i find is occasionally when I add it it clumps a little bit. (like little bits of gravel) but personally.. had no probs. (yet)

Maybe I've just been lucky ;)

post-41195-0-33949700-1299144926_thumb.jpgpost-41195-0-72308400-1299144978_thumb.jpgpost-41195-0-22274600-1299144873_thumb.jpg:applause: