Clones in Soil

So, it's been 7 days since i took a few cuttings from a mates white widow. From what i've read on this site i got to them a little late, as they had already started to flower pretty heavily, but figured i'd have a crack, with nothing really to lose.

Me and the mate tried to follow most of the instructions i'd seen here - used a nice new stanley, distilled water, some clonex, and then put them into some seed-raising potting mix (didn't get rockwool this time). Was a little concerned when the leaves started to go brown, however read somewhere here that that was a good sign.

Problem is there is 3 in the pot, and if they do sprout roots i don't want them all becoming tangled and root bound. Just wondering how long i should be waiting before i transplant them, or what signs i should be looking for. I 'think' there are some new leaves that have started to shoot out of where the little flowers were, although being a little forgetful i can't actually remember what they looked like when we first potted em :whistle:

Anyways, i have attached a picture for your perusing

post-43103-0-04185000-1299044482_thumb.jpg

they look FINE bro thumbup.gif, as long as those new shoots (tips ) stay green an lush dont worry to much about sun leaves,

an wait till they put couple sets leavs then give it a whirl,

an i probly shouldnt say this, but i never cut them with knife, scicses , razer, .

i just bend the stem where i want the cut, an snap it strait down hard, then the lil bit still joind i pull slowly strait down main stem and try get as much an long as i can, all them stringy bits, i think they help the cutting suck water up like a wick thumbup.gif, been doing it for years an if i look aftyer em never lose any , shit easy no steralizing shit nothing an it gets its own wicks, i think, seems to work like that for me better than the other way,

i started two cutts in full on clay pmsl , 2 an a bit months ago hasent done anything but still looks healthy scratchchin.gif ill go take a pic an show ya couse you prob dont belive me scratchchin.gif

an i dont cut the leaves in half it drys em out to quik , just rip all the fingers off an leav one lil finger hanging, it will stay much greener good luck bro bongon.gif

an ive taken lil bud cutts like that nothing wrong might take abit longer couse it iant in veg, an changing from flower lights to veg it will take even longer , keep at it

Edited by smashed1

haha, there was only one there , here ya go , its guna be huge lol

post-40169-0-77612300-1299051169_thumb.jpg stunned.gif never realy even lookd after it, its in filterd shade

while im doing it hetres the ones that where looked after , lil buds 1 week in lol

post-40169-0-26106200-1299052627_thumb.jpg thinking of getting lil veg light , there small couse in tiny pots till other day , couldnt bonsai 2 in middle they look to good

Edited by smashed1

Cheers mate, thanks for the reply, im pretty confident that all 3 are going to live, just want to make sure i don't get em out of that pot too early, or too late. I guess it's all a learning experience, but some advice from others who've been there before will definitely help.

no prob earnie, but ill prob cop abit of shit over they way i do it whistling0000.gifwhistling0000.gif pmsl see ya good luck bro theyll be fine

i dont read books , so dont realy no what there up to , but every one here seems to do it other way thumbup.gif both good

you can even dip em in honey , good steralizer thumbup.gif wont help em root quickewr but , i think ? not sure about that one.

theres abit of room between em , dont pull the roots apart when you do it , just jiggle em apart best you can , not to hard but do it softly , an slow ,

bongon.gif once youve dug it out as much together, site it on flat top , an just grab to stems an jiggle apart , it will make it better an easer ,

Edited by smashed1

Dude you will be right I read everything I could before I dared cut a few clones................I mean how hard can it be you can hack off a bit of happy plant chuck it in a bucket of water and a week roots are started...........I recently did some clones cut with a clean stanley knife dipped in water and then rooting powder a supermarket brand forget at the moment then planted in Searls Cutting Mix, placed a oven bag over them under a household cfl 24hrs a day for 10 days kept moist and misted once 4 outa 4 too easy