Client satisfaction with GP cannabis interventions

Um... What social implications? People being less likely to get drunk, people being less likely to beat their kids WHILE drunk (something I can attest to), Less violent crime, and all of a sudden drug dealers income is cut completely... Hm, whatever will happen, i wonder?

About the worst Social Implication i can think of is that all of a sudden there will be a bunch of drug addled bikies wandering around wondering what to do now.

Hahaha you cannot get addicted to weed you can have a psychological dependency however people who usually have this will most likely

Use something else when they can't get it . I have known a few people who think they are addicted to cannabis and it really just pisses me of because there

The kind of people who have either been Told and told again they are and started to believe it or they are the kind of person who would do drugs so they can have others feel sorry

For them and get attention .

I'd like to quote from the movie half baked

: weed! you addicted to weed! you ever suck a dick for a bag of weed huh?

I once made the mistake of telling my doc that i used cannabis, he looked at my files & saw that i had gone thru a bout of depression & straight away said 'oh i can cure your depression, we'll get u off the cannabis & onto Valium' Never even bothered to read my file properly

OMG that's so dangerous! It was Cannabis that got me off my Valium and anti-depressants provided to me like lollies by my GP. Im not saying Cannabis therapy works for everyone, but it beats the hell out of Valium and Zoloft.

Zoloft for example numbs your emotions, Cannabis creates a different path of thinking and promotes positive emotions. Zoloft = physically addictive (as is Valium). Cannabis = not physically addictive.

Case closed lol

Hahaha you cannot get addicted to weed you can have a psychological dependency however people who usually have this will most likely

Use something else when they can't get it . I have known a few people who think they are addicted to cannabis and it really just pisses me of because there

The kind of people who have either been Told and told again they are and started to believe it or they are the kind of person who would do drugs so they can have others feel sorry

For them and get attention .

I'd like to quote from the movie half baked

: weed! you addicted to weed! you ever suck a dick for a bag of weed huh?

Hear hear! :bongon:

Edited by *Ryno*

My doc could manage my cannabis usage much better if he supplied me with top quality buds at a bargin price. :harhar:

I once made the mistake of telling my doc that i used cannabis, he looked at my files & saw that i had gone thru a bout of depression & straight away said 'oh i can cure your depression, we'll get u off the cannabis & onto Valium' Never even bothered to read my file properly, if he had he would have seen the depression was some 5 years earlier & happened right after my Dad died & passed after about 8 mths. :wallbash:

I now have a different doc & i keep my pot smoking strictly between my wife & my self - & you guys of course but shhh don't tell anyone will ya. lol

I told one of our local doctors that when I used it my eye pressure was down and the reaction was (oh but think of all the other problems that you will have from it). Compared to going blind the side effects would have to be rather severe!!! Anyway he has great faith in the opthamologist (eye guy) of our region and when I told him last week the same thing he said yes I have heard of success with that and I got a really positive feel so now I want to do this legally as I said to him. Anyway going to Lions Clinic again this month so will hassle the proffesor there as he has said that it is successful for reducing eye pressure. I mean legitimate experiments, all above board. Hey I have nothing to lose and whilst I can still see I want to do my bit as there are people out there who feel sick and terrible who haven't the energy to fight this cause, now that is super cruel. Oh was reading about a South Australian judge who had 25 cases of cannabis medical use in his courts last year and he said they were not criminals but sick people trying to ease their pain and suffering, it was in the Adelaide Times, was reading the Herald Sun and it was a link from there.

:peace:

So what happened with this Mongy? ... was there any further interaction with Jan Copeland or the NCPIC?

Hmmm , It's a tricky one ... On one hand the NCPIC is totally biased against cannabis , as even their title and slogan suggest ...

Are they worth bothering with at all? ... Will anything change by opening a dialogue with them? ...

On the other hand ... They are indeed the main 'Opposition' to Pro-Cannabis groups such as here at OzStoners and should therefore be equally 'Opposed" by us ... at the moment we (Pro-Cannabis Activists) narely have a voice in the argument ... and to refuse to enter into a dialogue with such opposition doesn't get us any further toward having the appropriate information heard by politicians and the greater society.

It would be dissapointing if this wasn't followed up at all ... It would give the impression that once again the 'Stoner' community can't be bothered to make an effort for any more than a bit of lip service , if you get my drift. If this HAS been followed up then I most likely missed it , being away. If that's the case , maybe someone could point me in the right direction. :)

I tend to agree though that the NCPIC's position seems set in stone and unwilling to change ... does this mean we should not attempt to at least try and provide them with the proper Pro-Cannabis arguments? ... I'm not sure.

Considering that Jan Copeland probably had a good idea of what's coming to her if she did participate in discussion here at OS , It was fairly 'brave' of her to commit to even an hour of her time in doing so I think.

Anyhoo , just going through all the posts I missed the last few months ... mainly wondering if this went any further :peace:

Cheers all :bongon:

Budman :toke:

Not these idiots again. The NCPIC make me sick. It feels sometimes like no matter how hard we try there will always be people like this in our way stopping us. They've already made up their minds and there's no changing them, even with facts and research.

They should go get real jobs. Not just sit around wasting our taxpayer dollars spewing lies.

How bullshit are the stories on their site? Laughable.

post-31544-0-57723700-1301305080_thumb.png

Like people have already said, never under any circumstances admit to 'anyone' in the health profession that you use cannabis. Since if you are a known cannabis user and then one day are unlucky enough to develop a serious mental illness, you will be refused quality medical treatment. Also as already said, there's many other ways it can be held against you as well.

Personally, I think the government uses cannabis as a way to take pressure of the health system.

Everyday, many deeply troubled and even suicidal people are flat out refused treatment simply because they are cannabis users. A lot of affliction is brought onto individuals, families and the community in general from this senseless policy. A lot of death and misery that could of easierly of been avoided and which rarely makes it to the media.

Most people remember what happened when John Howard was PM and the media started getting on his back about our disgraceful health system. He went and started a anti-cannabis campaign and basically blamed cannabis for the reason why our health system is overrun & underfunded. 

Instead of trying to make the health system more efficient, john howard dedicated his resources into trying to convincing the public that it wasn't his fault the health system was overrun and inefficient, but infact it was this new mystical super potent, genetically altered weed people were smoking. One of the ways he spread his message is by creating the national cannabis prevention information centre.

But being an intelligent man, as he was. He obviously knew wasting tax payers money on a organization who's sole purpose was simply an accuse to the governments disgraceful lack of attention to mental illness in Australia, wouldn't go down to well. So he gave the NCPIC the banner of being a resource for people who want to quit, when in reality the NCPIC sole purpose is to produce government propaganda.

Peace

• Oz unpinned this topic