Advice Needed

Iv'e got a few little plants that are hitting the 6ft tall by 5ft wide mark, and in the last couple of days the twin female hairs are starting to come out. It's my first proper outdoor grow ever that i give a stuff about...

Question: Are they going to go through the stretch now? I am worried that they will get too large soon, and the neighbours will start seeing ganja protruding from my roof top..

Or are they basically slowing on the stretch now? They havent really grown particularly fast so far.

Can i chop them down abit at this stage? Or should i start tying the buggers? They are already a bush, so not sure if tying them down is a good option.

I can actually smell them in the area whilst i am walking the dogs,(and even whilst i am sitting on the computer now, and am not wanting to draw attention to myself (cause wher'e semi rural)...

Thanks!

hey dont cut them back now , its a bit too late for that imo

I think tying the growing stems down maybe your best bet

but you know the situation so do you think it wouldnt work?

or you can gently "kink" the stems on the tall tops

so they are at a right angle

provided its not a spindly stemmed weak plant, it works

they will repair and heal up quickly and strong on the kink

and stops them gaining anymore height an still get lotsa buds popping up along the stem

good luck with 'em

:peace:

throw up a picture of them eh?

Thanks Frazz,

They are definately not weak stemmed plants.

Are they still gonna stretch alot before they're ready? I have roughly about another 3-4ft of height growth before they become un-private..

If they are going to stretch? I think i will snap them like you said, too many branches to tie them down and not enough room for where i planted them.

Yep, I will put up a few pics when buds become abundant, nothing to see now except a weed bush with lots of leaves and branches.

Just worried about the height and as they are not even into head yet, the smell is a worrying thing also, very hashy around here...

Have a look at this! It should help with your problem. Bet a lot of people out there wish they had your problem.:applause:

Supercropping is a term given to a group of techniques that, when used in conjunction, will produce greatly improved yields over untreated plants. Various methods can be used when supercropping, and they are outlined below.

You can use one or all methods of supercropping, modified to your individual needs. The end result is an increased yield.

Crimping

Crimping is an advanced technique whereby you break the inner herd of the plant without damaging the outer, which is where all the plants strength comes from. Break open the stalk of a cannabis plant and you'll notice immediately the hard, outer herd. This is where textiles come from. The soft inner, lighter colored material is pure cellulose - the phloem and xylem.

In vascular plants, phloem is the living tissue that carries organic nutrients, particularly sucrose, a sugar, to all parts of the plant where needed. In trees, the phloem is the innermost layer of the bark, hence the name, derived from the Greek word φλοιος (phloios) for "bark". The phloem is mainly concerned with the transport of glucose and starch made during photosynthesis.

The plant passes water and nutrients cell to cell through this network of cellulose. Breaking the plant's inner walls will cause it to rebuild. But it rebuilds these networks better than they were before; it rebuilds so fast (under good growth conditions) that 24 hours later the plant is using the new highways and it's increased capacity for moving water and nutrients.

This technique can begin as early as the seedling stage. Twisting the plant gently, using both hands so you don't pull on it's roots. Work each of the plants branches every 2", up to once week. Do this by grasping the spot to be treated with two fingers of each hand. Use one hand to stabilize, while the other gently, slowly twists. Or you can twist with both hands in opposite directions, slowly until you feel a slight snap. When the plant's get heartier you will actually be able to hear it.

On smaller branches, you do not need to twist, as firm finger pressure will rupture the herd.

BENDING

Plants naturally bend towards the light. They do this for their benefit, trying to better get into position to receive more light. Why wait for plants to evolve, use your smarts to bend plants into positions that are beneficial. Bending the tip of a branch over into a position where there's no vegetation will speed growth for 2 reasons:

First the branch tip you moved is now getting more unobstructed light by moving it to an area free of vegetation. Second, the area you moved the branch away from is also receiving more light than before. So those parts of the plant also benefit from the move. Potential for growth is increased.

TYING

Forceful confinement or the use of string, twist-ties or a brace of some kind may be required to keep bent branches from simply growing back to their original position. Massage the bending point of the branch with the fingers of one hand while slowly bending -- only intuition will tell you when you've reached the breaking point. Some branches don't have a breaking point, you can tie them in a knot a they'll still grow. Others will snap as soon as you try to bend them. It will take practice and a few broken branches before you learn how far, if at all, any given branch can be manipulated.

TOPPING

Never top an unhealthy plant. Topping is a simple technique of cutting the tip or top of a branch off using sharp scissors. It doesn't matter if it's the main(stem) top or the tip of a side shoot, the resulting effect will be the same. Instead of one top or tip resulting in a single bud, the treated shoot splits and produces 2 or more tips.

It is debatable whether or not this practice will actually increase or decrease the size of buds or overall yield. A healthy plant generally thrives under careful stressing and physical manipulation. This is not something you want to overdue, start slowly and increase the frequency and intensity of your pruning practices over consecutive crop cycles. Gain some experience so you can recognize when you have overdone it.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/70032-supercropping-tutorial.html

greetnz

pix are a must

the general rule is from first flowers on the top

they will grow another 1/3 higher when fully in bud

imho

the best way to deal with hight is scrog

use chook wire set up with a spirit level and just keep poking the tips down under the wire till the buds start coming up

eze

your biggest problem is

the smell is just gonna get keep getting stronger and stronger till harvest and then even during the cure there will be very strong odder stealth problems

there are ways around this

try and disguise it with other strong smelling plants etc

gudance

Thanks brick50 :) I have read the info before (lot of good info there), and jabez and Radic have just answered my question RE: stretch.

What a bugga, I really didn't want them to grow much larger :(

I have made a little external wall area three sides by using 10mm corflute at 3.1mtrs high, cuts out the sun abit and dosn't look too out of the norm, as i did the frames with bamboo and black timber. So looks like it belongs (even though its not that pretty). And i will do what you said Radic with the chicken wire if they get to the 2.7mtr mark...

jabez- I bought the seeds from Nimbin a while back now and is suppost to be Sativa, the indoor stuff i grew was spindly and had no smell at all, but worked for my aches and has got me off blood pressure meds altogether now. This new batch of seeds i put outside though, well the smell is starting to scare me a little, and i was busy plucking tips every week for awhile to thicken them out :)

Have come up with an idea, if i don't pick up the dog shit down one side of the house, it might be just enough potency to distract people ;)