new grower needs help

having problems trying to get the p.h. of my coco right. growing in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 meter tent with a 600w sunpluse lamp. i have been feeding once a week and every other watering with p.h. adjusted water. using cyco nutrients with p.h. at 5.6 but the run off comes out at 6.8. plants are three weeks old and have stopped growing and leaves are yellowish. flushed to day at 5.4 and still run off is at 6.8

post-43053-0-88097600-1298256644_thumb.jpg

post-43053-0-27768800-1298256711_thumb.jpg

hey mate i might be wrong but i think you have a molydbenum deficiancy, to fix this problem use any plant food with molydbenum in it.

if that is the problem my solution will fix it. but make sure you mix it wright dont put more plant food in than you should it wont fix it faster it will do damge. you can get plant food with molydbenum in it from nurseries or any plant/garden shops.

Personally, I'd say your plants are suffering from common coco-grow errors. The pots are way too big, this creates wet, cold and compacted conditions for the roots and add to that, you're half starving them by only providing feed with every second watering.

Stop worrying about the runoff pH, it's irrelevant for coco growing. Runoff EC is more relevant but not essential knowledge either.

There is not much you can do about the pot size now... unless you chose to pull the plants out and put them in smaller pots... I do not advise this as you will probably just do more damage to the root system. Next time though, as the plant grows, match the plant to the size of the pot.

EG.

post-20731-0-35123100-1298262983_thumb.jpg

You can effect a little change in the environment within the pot though... feed with each watering for a start. And for the next little while (couple of weeks), don't water the whole pot to runoff... just concentrate some water around the centre 1/3 to 1/2 of the coco... that's the most likely area to have feeding roots. Once they begin to grow and the pot starts to dry off faster, return to watering to runoff, but don't leave the coco drenched, make sure you drain the pots well.