Mid-North Coast NSW annual eradication program

lol Nice try guys. Unfortunately, you probably might as well be talking to a brick wall. Nick (and many of his colleagues) seems to have the same mentality as an organized criminal, he's trying to build a career for himself and doesn't care who gets hurt in the process.

No point getting mad about it.  Just as well where stoners and can just toke up and roll like the beatles. You know,

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, 

let it be. 

Peace

This is just a question, I'm new to the forums, so hello :)

Is it not that the cops are upholding laws that are passed in government, that's where my anger and distain has always been directed.

What I meen is if parliament classes MJ as the same as say heroin then the police have to treat it the same as heroin don't they? ( this is just a random example) I wouldn't of thought we want to get to the point where the police get to interpret laws as they see fit.

Now I admit I could be way off base with what I'm saying, and fairplay please correct me if I am wrong, I hate this prohibition, but I blame our elected officials first, the fascists wanting to wade in with their size 10's are doing what their told arnt they? The way I understood it was this current war on drugs was started by the regan administration, a political party.

This is just a question, I'm new to the forums, so hello :)

Is it not that the cops are upholding laws that are passed in government, that's where my anger and distain has always been directed.

What I meen is if parliament classes MJ as the same as say heroin then the police have to treat it the same as heroin don't they? ( this is just a random example) I wouldn't of thought we want to get to the point where the police get to interpret laws as they see fit.

Now I admit I could be way off base with what I'm saying, and fairplay please correct me if I am wrong, I hate this prohibition, but I blame our elected officials first, the fascists wanting to wade in with their size 10's are doing what their told arnt they? The way I understood it was this current war on drugs was started by the regan administration, a political party.

I agree, elected officials are the ones that make the laws, so they should be our 'main' target of resentment.

The problem is, if the government decided it wanted to legalize cannabis tomorrow, both state and federal police would have an absolute fit. In other words, the government would not go though with it. There's alot of economic benefits to all australian police organizations from attempting to eradicate the cannabis plant and I dare say a few members have built a nice little career for themselves from trying to eradicate cannabis. It ain't something they'd give up without a fight.

Also, you could look at it from another point of view. If all state and federal police did the right thing and got together to make a statement to the media that the war on drugs is futile and regulation would do the community far less harm and save billions, then the media would start treating the issue seriously and the debate about legalizing drugs would straight away become mainstream, forcing the government to adopt more sensible policies.

So either way you look at it, they are one of the main forces  keeping cannabis illegal and are also probably the only organization that would be taken seriously if they recommended (demanded) it be made legal. Don't try to tell me they never influence policy by leaning on the government when it suits them either.

BTW, no one thing caused cannabis to become illegal. But it did start in the US in 1937, just after alcohol prohibition was abolished, worked out pretty well for all those police worried about there jobs now there was no pissheads to arrest. 

Cannabis prohibition has been one of the main staple diets of the western police officer ever since.

Peace

yes you`re right mate, absolutely spot on :thumbsup:

however there are a large number of pigs who treat the average toker like a fuckn junky.... which is not cool :(

the fact still remains, Jhon Dellaboska and Tony Abbot both had the power to legalize it way back in 2003 (that date might be wrong) when Bob Carr forwarded a bill to have the use of cannabis for medical purposes legalized.

the reason why it hasnt been legalized and put on the market is because they want to know how to make big dollars off it and dont have the smarts to do so :wacko:

A quick search will find what im talking about.......i`ll try find it and past the link in here. :)

:bongon:

2. his main aim is to increase prices on the street......( again a dream come true for organised crime gangs...........and what better insentive to start growing cannabis if they're not already)

Sounds much like Hillary Clinton's recent outburst about not abolishing prohibition because "there is too much money in it".

I smell corruption.

"The cannabis eradication program is not about arrests, it's about hurting supply, taking drugs off the street and driving the price up," drug squad head Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said.

So the facts are, Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham.......

1. is targeting outdoor grown supplies......

2. his main aim is to increase prices on the street......

Are you serious Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham ? You may as well work for organised crime gangs. (or do you?)

1. is targeting outdoor grown supplies......... (sounds like a dream come true to organised crime gangs to me who grow indoor predominately........Your just muscle knocking out competition Nick )

2. his main aim is to increase prices on the street......( again a dream come true for organised crime gangs...........and what better insentive to start growing cannabis if they're not already)

All you will achieve is to make organised crime gangs richer Nick..............many of whom are using that money to fiance importing heroin and cocaine into Australia.

You may think your a hero Nick but the truth is you do alot of damage with your 'good deeds'.

Peace MM

Yes playing right into the hands of organised crime either unknowingly or knowingly!!!! I am hopeful that this is due to uneducated ignorance and not the later.

Hi Nick, on behalf of myself and other Cannabis Community members, say hello to the pharmaceutical industry for us, and a hello also to the tobacco and alcohol industries, they seem to be doing a great job on shaping your mind and telling you "No, Nick. This is the way it is going to be and this is the way you will be making it."

Consider this, tomorrow you have a family member with a brain tumour, that member goes through chemotherapy and radiotherapy but it isn't getting rid of the tumour, your doctor tells you that a cannabis treatment will be the way to go for your family member to be cured of their cancer, tell me what your decision would be, or would you let your family member slowly and painfully pass just because you're too afraid of going about with a safer more effective and PROVEN treatment because of the influences that these PRIVATE corporations have put upon many agencies?

Your ways of reducing use/harm is so very very wrong, and there's been three pages of facts and you haven't replied anymore so it's either you have been silenced by your puppeteers or you cannot accept the truth.

Edited by sew850i

Dear Budding and each of you having some angst about my quote regarding 'driving up prices'. Lucky I'm thick skinned! Whilst I don't resile from the fact I made that comment, just remember not everything is as it seems when quoted in the media. I understand you have a bias towards the use of cannabis and that is your choice, albeit an illegal one. The Drug Squad (and NSW Police generally)do not target drug users, though users do get caught up in operations on dealers. What you probably don't know is we are heavily involved in the National Drug Strategy which has three main pillars, being Demand Reduction, Supply Reduction and Harm Minimisation. Just one of our strategies relating to Supply Reduction is the Eradication Program. We do a lot of work with other government departments, agencies and industry relating to these pillars on all legal and illicit drugs. You may not accept the fact that even the most liberal minded now concede cannabis is a gateway drug and that the abuse (note the word abuse not use) of cannabis can lead to various mental health issues and cannabis, despite the cries of many in the cannabis community is not a safe/soft drug, is just as addictive as the other drugs out there and apart from the legal drug alcohol, is the the drug responsible for most hospital presentations nationally. I hope you accept I'm entitled to my opinion as you are. I'm not a 'hero' as Mongyman sarcastically suggested but I do this work for the greater good of the community.

I would also be surprised if you held any of your dealers in high esteem, given the fact that they often have all trappings of life you would like but gain their wealth through illegal acts and the exploitation of those who must have/desire/crave a little THC enhancement. I wish you all well. ps: none of the crop sites located were for 'perso' as one suggested unless the grower smoked pot 24 hours a day for the next decade.

If Marijuana were legal i wouldnt need a dealer... and i intend to smoke Cannabis for THC Enhamcement I.E Stress ,Pain, and god forbid... recreation..... as i will take my Panadol for my headaches and asprin for my blood pressure for much longer than 10 years and hope i dont have to buy it from a dealer

I went for a walk today through the bush, it is part of my rehabilitation, and I couldn't help but think about drug squad head Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham, and his silly comments. He will read it because one of his lackies will show him. He won't respond though because he is not allowed to. That and because he is wrong about so much he wont be able to see the bigger picture. So hear is my open letter to Nick Bingham.

A thick skinned copper to me means an absolute complete and utter arrogant arsehole, and your attitude leads me to believe that you may be the same. First of all can I suggest to you "Beyond Blue", you will need them one day. One day you will realise that you have been a complete twat and wasted your career by destroying lives. How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it feel knowing that people laugh at you and your opinions? Do you really believe the shit you say or is it just to keep yourself in a job, and the funding rolling in? How do you sleep knowing that your attitudes and opinions cause untold misery to thousands or people, completely unnecessarily? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? Do you realise that other coppers think that drug squad are lazy incompetent fools who could not find a needle in a needle stack? Take notice next time you talk to one and take notice of their real attitude towards your bullshit. The real police, the respectable police, the ones who are there to protect us "the people", instead of protecting big pharma and black market criminals. How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it feel knowing that your day to day job is pointless and meaningless? Do you realise that you only affect a small percentage of the actual drug flow in the community? How does it feel knowing that you want to "do this work for the greater good of the community", when the majority of the community do not want you doing that job because it is absolute waste of time? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it feel knowing that children find it easier to obtain cannabis, rather than legally controlled tobacco and alcohol? How does it feel to know that the majority of the community feel that you are really out of touch with reality and are only led to believe what you are led to believe? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it feel to know that no matter what you do, one day you will retire but peeps will still be able to obtain top quality Cannabis, and any other drug imaginable (while prohibition is around anyway)? How does it feel knowing that people suffer because they cannot obtain safe natural medicine? How does it feel to know that people suffer because of the side effects of awful medicines, forced onto the sick and gullible community members, by ruthless businessmen and financially motivated scientists? How does it feel knowing you are helping the bad guys? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it make you feel knowing that while you were out ripping plants out of the ground the real dangerous people were selling really dangerous stuff to the younger generations? Wouldn't you prefer to raid a cannabis user rather than a meth lab? Gosh, you might even come up against a real criminal if you actually looked harder, and for the dangerous drugs. How does it feel knowing that prohibition of drugs cause more problems than the drugs themselves? How does it feel knowing that you are actively supporting a system that makes violent criminals richer? How do you feel knowing that members of your own police force and drug squads in particular, are corrupt and on the take? How do you support this system which causes such massive profits to be made for anyone willing to exploit those who must have/desire/crave a little THC enhancement? Wouldn't a well regulated/controlled/taxed market be safer for buyers and sellers? How does it feel knowing that you only ever get who you are meant to get and the ones you are not meant to get you shall never get? Oh that's right you claimed to not be worried about arrests tehehehe. How do you feel to be running a squad of cowards who are only interested in taking out the easy targets? How does it feel knowing you have the might of the entire NSW police force, and the AFP with untold resources available to them, but you will never ever even slow down the arrival and distribution of drugs in our communities? We are one large island with a small population in an ever smaller world with a large drug using population. The 162 Million users of Cannabis disagree with everything you stand for and say, because you are wrong. Simple as that, you are just wrong. I do not think you are unintelligent, nor am I calling your collegues useless idiots, I am just saying you are so bloody single mindedly wrong that you will have to stick by your attitudes and outdated beliefs for the rest of your life, because I assume you would be too cowardly to actually admit to yourself that you were duped. How does it feel knowing that since you started there are more drugs, higher quality of drugs, cheaper drugs, easier to obtain drugs etc.? Do you not see that a large proportion of your fellow men obviously like to consume drugs, it has been that way since Jesus was a boy. Whether it is dope, valium, beer, wine, spirits, cigarettes, sleeping pills, mood stabilizers, anti-psycotics, uppers/downers etc... there is a vice for anyone and everyone. You make no difference whatsoever. Do you realise that there are other countries out there that have gotten past this outdated mantra of yours and actually started to help their fellow citizens in need of help. Some places you can safely buy your cannabis from a coffee shop, other places you can bang up heroin in front of a nurse, if you so choose. Crime drops, abuse drops and people who were once sick get better, because they are being cared for. For fucks sake that is all it is, just have some damn compassion for your fellow man. How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How do you know what is a commercial enterprise and a personal enterprise? Some of the smarter people would weigh up the risks and conclude that it might be worth it to do one run every few years or so, instead of constant worry of a perpetual harvest setup. How do you propose to tackle the "smurf" mentality of growing without a massive increase of funds? The police have massive resources behind them and a full time team of men trained to hunt down drug users/distributors/cultivators/cooks etc. The paranoid stoner has himself. Yet you are on the losing side of the war on drugs and you will fail for you cannot win.

You will realise one day and remember... Beyone Blue is there to help. How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war

on drugs? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs? How does it feel to be on the losing side of this war on drugs?.......

=======

iamnotacop: THC Enhanced since '95

** wonders how long it will be before house raid... hahaha.

=======

Ohh... One last question.... How does it feel to be censored and unallowed to really speak your mind, even though you are "New South Wales Drug Squad Head Detective Superintendent." LMAO

And on a personal note, it is not to late to become a normal policeman again, then you will get back the respect you once had, and you will be doing what you wanted to do in serving the community in a positive way. Please don't take any offence to anything I have said, I meant no harm. Just wanted to try to engage in a positive way, but it appears your handlers wont let you speak. Oh well, what does that tell you???

wish we could discuss many more things about this wide ranging topic. It is a whole lot bigger than some smug copper standing there holding a plant.

Please come back Nick and be a man. Remember the Internet is forever!

• Upvote 1