Characterisitc 2nd gen leaves. Also sometimes 2 fingered

med_gallery_41659_808_328074.jpg

Fully formed "mature" leaves.

med_gallery_41659_808_833294.jpg

young stem

med_gallery_41659_808_987756.jpg

Some nice budz

med_gallery_41659_808_122855.jpg

One of my eary grows in a tallboy box i built. Also a (all green) indica growing front left of pic

med_gallery_41659_808_1412611.jpg

med_gallery_41659_808_101812.jpg

med_gallery_41659_808_11089.jpg

med_gallery_41659_808_856279.jpg

med_gallery_41659_808_1085751.jpg

med_gallery_41659_808_1454868.jpg

Grown in warmer conditions buds and leaves are less purple

Edited by GreenBeard

I would love to know the name of this strain or if anyone knows of it.

The plant is a total beast! Grown properly outdoors i recon it would get massive! It is (sometimes) a pain in the ass to controll its extreme stretching indoors.

It has a very unique distict aroma. Fruity and very sweet. totally unexpected.

Been growing it for many generations via clones. Have produced some self pollinated seeds also.

I keep saying it will stop growing it because it's growth rate is going to get me busted! ...but i cant :scratchin: it is too special a plant to give up.

Back in the day (late 90's) a mates brother used to grow absolutely massive (8 - 10 feet. Outdoor grow) plants he called "Purple Head". Now I'm not sure if the title "Purple Head" was official or simply local slang for a reasonably common strain, though the buds it produced & its overall appearance resembled the above images to a tea.

Not the most pleasant tasting smoke, quite harsh, though reasonably potent. I recall many memorable school nights smokin' *beep's* brothers Purple Head.

It may or may not be said strain, though that’s the best I can give you

Happy & safe growing

bumpy

Back in the day (late 90's) a mates brother used to grow absolutely massive (8 - 10 feet. Outdoor grow) plants he called "Purple Head". Now I'm not sure if the title "Purple Head" was official or simply local slang for a reasonably common strain, though the buds it produced & its overall appearance resembled the above images to a tea.

Not the most pleasant tasting smoke, quite harsh, though reasonably potent. I recall many memorable school nights smokin' *beep's* brothers Purple Head.

It may or may not be said strain, though that’s the best I can give you

Happy & safe growing

bumpy

Hey bumby,

Thanks for the comment. What you are saying about taste/harshness seems to match up for me too. It has a strong tickle and will make you cough if ya not used to it. First few puffs of a j are nice as, the smell coming through as flavour but after that it gets gnarly. none of the typical piney taste i like in weed. very different

The strain looks like old circa 96 Flo from DJ Short. It also looks like Oregon Purple Thai expressions, so it most likely would be something like the first releases of Flo before the Afghani genetics dominated the structures and highs.

Its really beutiful. The under leaves will turn purple or redish while the top leaves will be green? Is this a expression of this strain?

More importantly do you still grow it? How is the high? Looks fantastic either way man.