Cloning Question

Hi all I have read near everything on these forums about cloning and it seems reasonabily easy I have a nice female I wish to clone, but it will be a outdoor clone, I intend in building a small greenhouse to do it in, but it will be comming into the winter months.

Will the length of day affect the clones? and make them want to start budding?

Can I just cut them dip in cutting powder and place in nice dirt then water normally? most cloning seems to be done indoors.

Thanks in advance for any help :helpsmilie:

I must say personally I haven't had much luck with the powder, I ve found the liquid Clonex strikes everytime.

I use the purple hardwood Clonex. I do put mine inside under a 24hr fluro in an esky, when I have roots at the bottom of the cube, rockwool cube, I decide where they will be grown indoors or outdoors. I like to occasionally grow the same clones indoor and out door if the timings are right.

Just because its an outdoor mother plant does not mean you can't transfer it indoors and vice versa. I have previously moved house and put the plant from inside outside and then when the room was rebuilt transferred it back inside again. Many of the extra indoor clones I take end, up outside.

Placing clones outdoor late in the grow season will mean minimal growth before starting to head. The only way to avoid this is to give artificial light, as suggested.

Merl1n

Yes your clones will start to bud. If you can put a light down there to extend the hours you should be o.k

shroomy clones outdoors have a look HERE

:peace:

Thanks for the replies I read shroomy's tut but he dosent say HOW much water he put in the container? he just said fill it up?

sorry let me clarify that for you :)

it doesn't matter how much water you put in the container the more the better as it means you will have to fill it up less times as the verm wicks the water up.

but id go with half way ;)

6 days in now ..........no sign of trauma i misted the leaves to day removing them from under the light for 5 mins and doing so removed the oven bag giving them the mist n clean air.........looking good what was i so freaked about? i've grown plants from cuttings before (for yhe garden or pots) never pot before but its just a plant like all others ..............................

just gotta get this fridge built.....................................................