HELP - Lost 5 Plants - My losing battle with Pythium

My God,

If this thread doesn't put new growers off, nothing will.

There are easier ways to grow your own, newbies.

This sort of steup is to the extreme of sillyness.

I can't believe there are folk growing weed this way. Must have nothing else to do :)

Are you talking about deep water culture grow method being silly?

Cause I was under the impression it pretty much gives you the best results and speed of growth

which is reason enough for him to try to use this method to at least learn

It sounds to me like an environment problem meaning the room is not breathing properly , you have less demand on them in cooler mths so it works your room may be in balance then , when the temps go up your demand for oxygen goes up , , if you got a low dissolved oxygen spike at the same time your in trouble it only takes a few hrs to cause root rot when the conditions are prime , I would make sure Ive got good Aeration in my water , make sure your exchanging the room air enough , you want a nice and fresh smelling grow space not stuffy at all , you want good mixer fans to stop room dead zones in your air flow in between the in and out , if your in a medium dont over water , drag it out and develop a root system while they in grow ,,,,, when thats all in balance you dont need harsh chemicals and you wont get root rot unless you got bad water , I used to get it just like you until I figured it out that I was creating the right conditions now in rockwool I can work it in any temps all year from a rainwater tank ,,,, 99% of root rot is caused by overwater or low air , most times its both .

Hi, I am from the states & I run DWC Bubbler Tubs, & had a real bad battle with Pythium/water mold. I had to soak net pots in 3%Hydrogen Peroxide 2oz/gallon of RO water & I ran H2O2 in the res but only thing that tilted the scales & brought me back from the brink was Dutch Master Gold Range Zone; killed the shit right out & premoted new root growth like crazy. I believe I still needed the other parts to clear(soaked pots, H2O2 in system @ 5ml/gal) but Zone is definitely what tipped the scales. Hope it helps,& have a great day. Happy Grows B) ~H~

PS- I have used Hygrozyme & have come to the conclusion that DWC & organics are not the way to go IMHO.

Edited by chrgrsfan