Cannabis: What's The Harm?

LINK: Cannabis: What's The Harm

Ex-EastEnders star James Alexandrou was caught smoking cannabis by the tabloids when he left the soap. Now he wants to find out the truth about the most popular illegal drug in Britain, see the lengths people will go to get it and discover exactly where it comes from.

In the first of two programmes, James looks at the effects of the drug on the streets of Britain, meeting a 17-year-old who smokes weed with his parents and a mum-of-three who uses cannabis to keep her emotions in check. He meets people who are growing cannabis illegally for themselves and goes out on patrol with a police drug squad as they clamp down on large-scale cannabis growers. He also travels to California, the first state in America to license cannabis for medicinal use.

Unfortunately BBC won't let you view it on their website if you're in Australia :thumbdown:

hmm..

Haven't watched yet so can't comment on it, hope it's ok.

:peace:

I grabbed this and had a skip through just before I was about to watch it. Was a bit disappointed when I found out it was made in the UK. This means we'll probably get to hear all the typical "super skunk" bullshit from cops too lazy to fight real crime.

I do hope it proves me wrong though. Every other MJ doco I've seen from the UK has been trash. The one with that woman who decided alcohol was much better for you was the worst. AAAAAAAGUHEGOUAHSUABFKLZJBFKLHFAO{PIHGEWR(GUhn

Episode 2 of this show aired a day or so ago. I watched the first one, wasn't really impressed. Wrote it off after seeing growers doors busted down with battering rams, the 'high tech' grow setup using CFL's and LED's, interviews with kids who are the envy of their mates because their parents let them smoke, the story of the 14 year old boy who'd smoked since he was 11 and how 'his life was ruined now cos of pot', his mother telling us how much of a poor thing he was because he'd come home stoned at night and there wasn't anything she could do about it! :blink:

Also, quoted directly from the show: "Plants bred for a higher concentration of THC, are known as Skunk" Bloody hell still? :rolleyes:

So, yeah. Not worth watching imo. If you do and really want to sit through the second episode you can find it here, the first couple of links had working copies to watch when I checked.

Google Search: Cannabis - What's The Harm Episode 2

:peace: