Small Hydroponic Setup

Gingy

Hmm, I am thinking long and hard about doing something like this, so sick of the eternal struggle that is scoring. My main concern would be Power Consumption spikes, both legally and cost wise. What kind of power usage are we talking (In dollar terms) and is there any point in worrying about the authorities looking at my power bills and making assumptions?

yeah they can do that, but they dont go around checking random peoples power bill looking for suspect activity...

But if they suspected you were up to something for some reason, they can check the power bill to confirm their theory and get a search warrant.

But unless you have a large grow room with several high wattage lights + fans, its not really gunna be an issue.

peoples power use fluctuates for many legit reasons, air cons in summer, heaters in winter, more people move in to the house ect. I would worry about it

My main concern would be Power Consumption spikes, both legally and cost wise. What kind of power usage are we talking (In dollar terms) and is there any point in worrying about the authorities looking at my power bills and making assumptions?

Depending on what sort of wattage you are using it can be quite cheap.

I run a 250 watt light,plus 3 fans(centrif/inline/one inside cab) and my bill was a extra 100 bux(for 3 months).

Using heaters/ dryers etc in the winter and fans/AC in the summer can easily add that to your power bill.

As for worrying there is no point!! I'm sure the power company is very happy that i'm giving them more money!!

:bongon: wiet

It's been a while since i've been on here, my hydro plan didn't really work out. What do you reakon the smallest area I would be able to use when growing a really small strain and tipping it. I'm thinking about having it my cupboard but If people come in my room they won't notice it. Also will the power bill go up a noticeable amount?

Hi there Gingy,

I'm with JJ here, you need to do a bit of research first. Why? because there are so many variables that asking that sort of question is like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

Now, here go some questions you need to establish before asking. How are you going to grow, what medium are you going to use? How are you going to water them? What sort of lights are you going to use? What sort of fans are you going to use? these are all questions that will/can impact a power bill.

JJ has directed you to the right place, Cannaversity. All these questions can be answered in Cannaversity, read it up, make some choices. With power the more watts the more it costs ie a 400watt HPS cost more to run than a 15watt compact fluro. Everything electric burns watts and it adds up. Read up and work it out, then if you've got questions come asking.