very bad leave curl

hello ppl..

Plants: 3 blueberry fem in a new greeenhouse 1 great white shark fem, outside

planted in red soil & potting mix, have been fed charlie carp twice in 2 months

only getting plain water all have major leaf curl mostly on new growth & am at wits end to fix. the shark has it the worst & its been potted with expensive potting mix & still no improvment. was told to begin with to much fertilizer & since they only had 2 feeds thats ruled out.

i tried starving them of water for a week thinking over watering might be the cause, No Success, oddly enough they still growing, the blueberrys have started to flower. yet the shark is still growing no flowers yet.

all plants are very green, no sign of burning no yellowing of leaves. pic is of shark its a bit old as its doubled in size now.

thought i'dd ask in here for help before talking to a Uncle who is a professional in plant diseases.

just one other thing i have tried Dr Repair. no go.post-807-0-70504700-1295916718_thumb.jpg

Leaf is trying to dissipate as much moisture as possible, but is unable to. This could be caused by toxic salt build up, lack of water, or heat stress.

I'm with Brick. This happened to mine & got heaps better after a good flush & putting the light up. They still did it a bit but they grew out of it.

Olly :bongon:

well the greenhouse gets direct sun from 1pm to 8pm with all 4 roof vents open & both front doors temp is 20c higher then outside.

as for watering they were only starved once for a week a month ago & they been getting regular watering since , you could be right about the heat stress but the shark outside has it more & i doubt heat stress would be affecting it as much. now last couple days i tested the water & might have discovered part of the cause,ive change watering to tank water tried another mix of dr repair on the shark & its starting come good a little,i'll test for another week & report back here with results.

hey noticed mine doing the exactly same thing, there in greenhouse to an mine aint lack of water they still healthy as like yours i think it is just heat stress if the weather says its going to be over 32 deg c the next day ill water them the next morning even if i have waterd them the day before so my pots havent dried write out for a wile an i check them all day every day,

i think if it was salt build up you would see nute deff in the plant but all i see is a healthly looking plant

thats just what i think and i dont think much lol

Edited by smashed1

Looks like Heat Stress is to blame.

The lack of air circulation on Hot Days is making it worse , So ive been trying to figure out a way to get decent air flow around plants , main problem is Where greenhouse is located running power to it for a fan aint going to happen. After Checking around on the net,

I found Some Solar Fans So i bought 2 stainless Steel Solar Extraction Fans off ebay cheap enough at $80 Each & reversed The fans so they blow instead of suck they Have a battery & run fine during the night , I installed them & they are producing enough air flow now & the plants are starting to Improve. here's a pic of the greenhouse its 8'W x 10'L & 8ft high $500 off ebay before fans installed.

post-807-0-17290100-1296833233_thumb.jpg