VapPros and Cons

I have been thinking about going vap, but since I like my boutique style smoke and enjoy the different flavors as a wine drinker appreciates their wines or a cigar smoker appreciates their smoke, I was wondering if I decide to go vap am I losing flavors that come from different strains. In my research I do realize the health benefits of the cap versus other smoking methods, but key concern here is am I losing the different flavors that are associated with the plethera of different strains available to us.

Hi there drunkuncleharold,

I have recently obtained my vape and would consider myself a novice, but I have to say that I haven't gotten the same taste or effect from my vape as I do from my joints. I, like you, love the taste of nice mature weed, no spin, no cardboard filter, just nice weed. I also enjoy some nice hash but again the vape doesn't do it for me. I don't get the taste I want.

Now the vape sits in my shed and only comes out as a novelty. I certainly agree about the health benefits and this was my reason to getting one, but I enjoy my smoke and vapour ain't smoke.

Now this is my preference and others may disagree and that's fine but it's el natural for me.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info, much appreciated...

I am originally from the US, been here 12 years now, but what amazed me when I first toked up with someone here in Australia was that they blended/cut their weed with tobacco. I couldn't get my head around it. I was always a straight weed smoker. But saying this I can understand the principal of mixing if your rolling a joint, but for a bong or a single hit pipe. People just claimed that's the way its done and it extends the weed.

For whatever the reason I really do enjoy the flavors and don't mix with anything, I will smoke on a joint or bong if it's someone else loading the bowl or rolling, and I am fair enough to advise people that when I roll or load a bowl that it is not cut or blended with anything, with the odd exception of a little O, but that's pretty much one hit and "good night Irene"

So being an uncut smoker, and having a look at the vaps, it got me curious as to the end result.

I recently bought a Magic Flight Launch Box which is a tiny portable vaporizer, and the thing i like the most about it is how it enhances the taste. I honestly had to check i had bud in my vap because it tasted nothing like Ive ever tasted before, fantastic. I will admit its my first vaporizer but the Launch Box is awesome, I could hit it all day. Highly recommended for a strain connoisseur.

I am doing my homework on the magic launch box, it looks like the go for me. As I am all about portability, and that I have 2540mH rechargeable batteries all over the house, can easily fix myself up if its included batteries go flat or forget to go back on charger. (can just see it now, the missus having a go at me for thieving the batteries from the TV remotes :jedifight ) Edited by drunkuncleharold

I find the first draw on a vaporiser can be full of flavour, often tasting something like hash. But the taste is lost after that first hit until it is loaded again.

What I like most with the vaporiser is the stone I get from it. It has a cleaner less taxing feel about it which suits me. Also there is no strong dope smell lingering around. Vaporisers are probably not everyones cup of tea and I don't use mine all the time but I do like using it.

Bigrat

PS: I don't like the look of the bags either.