Please answer this

I am thinking about my heater and really questioning the contiuned use of it.

Here is my question.Does not the light from my propane heater flame and red light affect the plants during the dark period?

Looks like this type would affect the darkness. I was in the room doing my check for light and the thought came to me. I did use it for a short time last year but I did have a couple spots hermie on one plant.

Thanks for the help in advance.

heya Skunkxxx, sorry i cant give you a definite answer, but i do know the light from a full moon can retard flowering onset for a few days

and the only part of the light spectrum which Cannabis doesnt absorb is green

so i reckon if the red glow from the heater casts a red/orange light then the plant would register that light

as to what degree of stress/interference to flowering this would cause i can only guess

but i believe the plant would not like it

IMO

:peace:

yep red light will interfere with a flowering plant hun the only colour it cant see is green so you need to be taping it up ;)

well have the wife on the way to Home Depot for a new heater. Going to use the propane one for CO2 for the room just hide it from the plants veiw. R MAx insultion will do the job for this.Thanks alot

Well she got me a nice little electric heat with temp controled by dergees so it should work good.Also using some plastic duct pipimg to draw the CO2 off the pilot light to the inside room.

This should do away with that problem.now tomorrow to double check for light leaks.

Ok thanks again for the comments.

Edited by Skunkxxx