Help Troubleshooting please.

G'day peeps,

Just looking for advice and a diagnosis if possible. I got a few plants that a looking a little bit ill. Not on their death beds or anything, but I'd like to stop the problem before it progresses further.

Pictures speak a thousand words:

post-679-0-64046900-1292839435_thumb.jpgpost-679-0-76052800-1292839448_thumb.jpgpost-679-0-88076300-1292839490_thumb.jpg

Basically some of the mature fan leaves have this yellow discoloration. It effects up to 1/3 of the entire plant. It doesn't effect any recent growth.

Could it be nute burn? I feed with a homemade seaweed solution ~weekly, so I guess it's possible I'm overdosing them. Any ideas on a deficiency?

Also, another plant is suffering from this as well:

post-679-0-84054400-1292839792_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions would be most apreciated. :peace:

I'm no expert, sawyer, but it could possibly be nitrogen def??? Has itrained a lot where you are? If so then perhaps the nutes have been leached out of the soil...perhaps???

Hit it with a good dose of Thrive. Seaweed is more of a soil conditioner than a balanced feed

Edited by mungas

probably absorbed all the nitrogen form soil

or with the rains of late may have leeched it as nitrogen is water soluble

id be dosing with a balanced nutrient mix

i find soil plants generally exhaust the nutes in the soil about 5 weeks into it

maybe next time pack the soil with worm castings and some other ammendments

but for the time being id be foliar feeding til ic an sort a balanced feed

all the best

bil

sorry man, i didnt see this thread....

hope you`ve already fixed em by the time ya read this lol

the fellas have hit the nail on the head...its N deficient

my guess would be because it has shitloads of foliage, which imo would make the plant require more food :scratchin:

what would i do :scratchin:

......................................supersauce em :thumbsup:

good luck mate,

:bongon:

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went out today and bought myself a flashy new digital pH tester. I guess every grower needs one in their arsenal.

A quick test on a soil sample I brought home the other night shows a reading of 7.1. That's slightly alkaline, and looks like it might be a source of some of my problems. Optimum pH for soil is meant to be a few points lower.

I'm gonna go test the rest of my soil beds and see what sort of results I get. Giving 'em a dose of some N prob wouldn't hurt either.