balcony vegging

Hi Guys,

I'm starting a grow from seed and wondering if it would be possible to do the initial few weeks out on the balcony or would the light times be all wrong?

Also wondering whats the best ready made soil base to use and ferts.. im doing an indoor soil grow.

Cheers

Jon

Edited by jonnypom

oi mate,

yeah the first few weeks outside will be fine imo ;)

as for a soil mix and nutes....i dunno about "soil" as it harbors too much bad bacteria and/or insects :/ .... but i do suggest coco/perlite "soiless mix" with "canna coco" nutrients ...plus a water ph adjuster and digital test pens for the nutrients and ph levels.

make sure ya rinse the soiless mix until the water runs clear b4 planting and use water thats been ph balanced to do it......then sweeze out the remaining water and use the moist medium to plant ya seeds/clones/plants.....take note of the weight after squeezing the medium and potting up and allow it to dry to that weight or a bit lighter in between waterings/feeds

when it comes to feeding, just follow the directions on the bottles and use the testing pens to adjust accordingly.

cannabis luvs a ph of 5.8 .....its best to add the ph adjusting solution after adding the nutrients because the nutrients can sometimes have the same effect.

good luck,

Me :punk:

oi mate,

yeah the first few weeks outside will be fine imo ;)

as for a soil mix and nutes....i dunno about "soil" as it harbors too much bad bacteria and/or insects :/ .... but i do suggest coco/perlite "soiless mix" with "canna coco" nutrients ...plus a water ph adjuster and digital test pens for the nutrients and ph levels.

make sure ya rinse the soiless mix until the water runs clear b4 planting and use water thats been ph balanced to do it......then sweeze out the remaining water and use the moist medium to plant ya seeds/clones/plants.....take note of the weight after squeezing the medium and potting up and allow it to dry to that weight or a bit lighter in between waterings/feeds

when it comes to feeding, just follow the directions on the bottles and use the testing pens to adjust accordingly.

cannabis luvs a ph of 5.8 .....its best to add the ph adjusting solution after adding the nutrients because the nutrients can sometimes have the same effect.

good luck,

Me :punk:

cheers chron, yeh I was wandering about my local garden centre and saw a PH test thing on a stick that looks to be the job for soil...

i know the tap water around here is ph of 7.5ish so i'll have to get it down some will I have to adjust the ph for all the water i ever give it or just for starters? My other grows were all NFT hydro but my tap water was already a decent ph so i didnt have to bother much with ph up/down back then.

I'll look up where to get canna coco ..washing out the coco/perlite might be a mish tho as I'm growing in an apartment garage, thinking how to get the daily watering in without being too blatent..

"cannabis luvs a ph of 5.8 .....its best to add the ph adjusting solution after adding the nutrients because the nutrients can sometimes have the same effect".

5.8 for hydro or coco. Potting mix (good quality) 6.5-6.8

back yard soil in pots, no good unless you can sterilise it somehow.

funny that, you can grow in the dirt in your backyard or elsewhere and never have to worry about ph, as soon as you use it in pots then probs start unless sterilised.:thumbsup:

8 litre pots only need to be watered every two days depending on the potting mix. I use good quality canna terra potting mix with about 10% perlite. Yates premium potting mix is good also. don't buy the shitty stuff with lots of wood chips in it.

I have been away for 3 days and gave my plants a good soaking (water running out the bottom of the pots) Thursday night, first thing I did last night was check and they still had plenty of moisture left in the mix.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Chron. Each to his own Eh! Mate.

Imo Everybody eventually finds what is best for them and over time they fine tune it to suit themselves and their plants.

Gotta do that apprenticeship first.:thumbsup:

Lots of masters in here to help the apprentices.

Masters Apprentice. ha ha

sounds like a good name for a band :rolleyes: