Beginner Grower

Hi everyone im very glad I found this website and all its useful posts. I've been reading

them for sometime now, and im still a bit overwhelmed at how much information is here

that I cant really understand what I could use in my situation.

Now a little about myself. I've been smoking marijuana for 3 years. 4 weeks ago I found a

seed in my sack of chronic so I decided to plant it. I went into my garage and found some organic

soil that says it has sandy loam? wetting agent, rich compost and encourages the growth of

earth worms ( im not really sure if this is relevant ) Any who my plant has been growing for

a little over 3 weeks now http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1354/dsc00057q0.jpg

Seeing my plant grow has given me a great enjoyment and it has me really looking forward in

experimenting with growing.

( I realize that there are some real cultavist's here so please dont post up any information

or advice that is to technical or advance I basically want to know the basics before I learn

the more advance techniques )

So What i want to do is grow this 1 plant I've been growing it outside and its been getting roughly

12 hours of sunlight everyday. Im thinking I should buy proper growing lights and grow a very small

amount of plants.. im talking 5 at max for personal use. I'd like to know what sort of lights

i need, how much roughly i'll have to pay, what sorts of lights are needed for different growth

stages, where to purchase them and if its possible to grow a plant in soil using lights?

When should i start using fertilizer on my plant? what kind of fertilizer should I use? where

can i get said fertilizer.

Thats pretty much it. Thanks if you've read all of this. I hope i get some positive answers

and im looking forward to being an active user of this great community. Peace out everyone!

I would say your plant looks about ready to harvest :D

Rather than planting seeds you find in your weed-sack, you should buy seeds on the internet.

Cheap indoor lights would be fluro tubes or compact fluros. Hit them with 18 or 20 hours a day.

Soil should be well draining, let it dry out between waterings so you dont drown it.

Just use this plant as a test run to learn from.

Yeah, I gotta disagree with Pleb too Kon................ There's no way the buds on that plant are ready to harvest yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,still at least another week away....................sheesh!................amatuer............... lol .

Welcome to OS Blayziebone, there is a wealth of info here, all ya got to do is read and the world is your oyster. :peace: Gh72

Really appreciate your time in reading this guys, I definitely know my plant is nowhere near

close to flowering or budding at that lol. This will be my little test plant. And see how it goes

from there, when I get the proper techniques I will think about buying high grade marijuana

seeds but you have to start small.

Anywhere i can get so called lights? such as a nursery or bunnings something like that?

Blayzie, read as much as you can before ya part with ya $$, otherwise you will waste it on shit you could of got right in the first place.

I recommend a cupboard grow with a 400w HPS, be a bloody good start. Nice and hidden and easy to build. Check out cupboard grows in the diaries and also check out growroom construction area. :peace: Gh72

Hi BlayzieBone (BB) & welcome to OS :applause:

There is plenty of infomation (with pictures) to help u B. Get those seeds ordered as you will be super keen in tparticipating in this hobbie ! That may be a good bean you have sproouted, and I know you will give is all the help it needs but a few word of caution - I'm not 'dum enogh' & far to wise to asume that you thought that your plant was ready for harvest - I'm giessing 'pleb's' follow with 'smily' :rolleyes: was his attemp @ sarcassim that raises 'Ambivalence' or a state of having simultaneous, conflicting feelings in the reciever of the communication - polly just poorly placed Sarcasm

- Don't 'brag' about your new hobbie (one hardest rulz), All is classified "your eyes only" .:scratchin:........... and OZ stoners :applause:

Grow well BkayzieBone (BB) - lol

:yinyang:

Nitty.