Anybody tried Kava, Kava

I just wanted to write this somewhere.

Kava Kava is the roots of a plant with mild to moderate narcotic type properties, but due to the way it works, it is not addictive and no significant tolerance develops.

It is somewhat like alcohol / a decent dose of valium but without a loss of inhibitions, impairment of judgement, and a compulsive pull for more.

Many people get very low quality Kava.

For example, I personally would not bother trying any of the "tablet" or "extract" versions, in fact I wouldn't even trust them, because it is strongly suspected that some of them were using known toxic parts of the plant (the roots are not toxic), this is something traditional packagers of Kava would never do.

It is not mindblowing. It is moderate. Its a feeling of serenity and inner tranquility, of muscular relaxation.

Its really nice. I took too much the first time and was zonked within 1 hour for about 4 hours.

Many people take too low a dose of Kava to fully understand and appreciate its effects. I definitely believe it should be used in moderation, but people shouldn't be afraid to experiment with occasional higher doses.

Its relaxing, social and happy but no not mindblowing euphoric, however I have felt so calm, and content with everything.

Its quite safe, the liver propoganda you hear about, is related to herbal extracts, which most likely used the toxic parts of the plant (due to shortage)... You want to get the pure powder or instant kava.

You want to try 2-3 tablespoons on a stomach that has had nothing but water for 4-6 hours. You want to then eat about 40 minutes after having the KAVA.

It goes GREAT with weed, reducing the anxiety / paranoia type thoughts if you are prone to these (I get them mildly).

If you want something that will relax you, like having say 3 stubbies rapidly on an empty stomach, but which I feel is better, well try this.

Note: Many people document a reverse tolerance, where it takes a few goes each night before the effects become pronounced. Remember you MUST have it on an empty stomach, or it will significantly impair absorption. The longer its in your mouth, the stronger the taste. You need to skull it over 5 or so seconds. You will get a numb throat / mouth for several minutes. Drinking water is very effective at getting rid of the taste. Most people can endure it, but some people HATE IT. Note: Many inferior quality version of Kava are notoriously bitter. Thankfully I got some very high grade stuff. Its VERY potent.

Anyway, since I love maryjane and have found this stuff, I thought I should tell you people about it.

Chronic usage (above 300-400 grams per week, although some sources suggest above 800g per week) may be associated with moderate health problems. Its a depressant, not the sort of thing to do in massive, doses all the time (unlike weed). Its good to take in the evenings, a few hours before bed, or just before a late dinner (40 mins). Huge doses can cause dysphoria in susceptible people.

Its like a tranquil relaxing stone, with physical relaxation of your muscles, without paranoia or anxiety.

Its LOVELY. I LOVE IT.

Note: If you drink this, do not drive within 4 hours, 8 if you have some SUPER HUGE DOSE.

If anybody wants more info (I can't provide sources), please let me know.

Note: Very high doses, especially when taken all the time, may make a person depressed, because very high doses will excessively sedate you.

Note: It is useful for menopause, bladder infections, pain, anxiety and nervous tension, and a sore throat (by slowly sipping on it to get the numbing effects). It is a great drink to share with friends, it makes you urinate somewhat more than usual, but not as badly as alcohol does. It may mildly irritate people with sensitive stomachs, especially high doses.

I overlooked this drug for somewhile. You should NOTE that I have tried, amphetamines, LSD and other hallucinogens, xanax and other benzo's, opiates such as oxycodone, and most psychotropic drugs prescribed by psychiatrists, and I can tell you I think this stuff is something special. A great relax / chill drug, best taken at night and maybe sometimes in low doses early in the day. Its the perfect mix of moderate effects, high safety profile, and lack of addiction potential. I personally like it better than 120mg of oxycodone (dont take this much, it would overdose most people).

Anyway, I found another friend of nature, a tribal celebratory drink, used to relax people and increase social bonds.

I have a new friend! But I will never forget Maryjane (and will continue to visit her on a daily basis!)

I believe Kava is the best of ALL happy type sedating drugs, moderate in effect, but probably superior to alcohol and benzo's. It does NOT make people go out of control. But you mustn't go crazy with it. 2 sessions a day MAX. My maximum is 2 tablespoons 2 hours after waking, and 4 tablespoons (flat) in the evening. I have done more though, but find it pacifies me, and sort of makes me feel a bit "zombie" like in massive doses. Also I felt depressed with that dose, instead of happy, simular to if I massively oversleep, it makes me depressed as well. I don't think your brain appreciated complete sedation of its natural activity, but moderate relaxation is good.

Hope I have interested somebody, believe me if you do this stuff property, its pretty cool. It tastes like HERBAL medicine (very potent smell and taste, very earthy), but its LOVELY.

Moderate to strong doses, should not produce any hangover or after effects, however massive doses may cause moderate stomach upset, and there have been some reports i have read of hangover type symptoms from people who have done POTENT several cups, like alcohol.

People with SERIOUS health problems or on prescription medicines (especially sedating medicines) , should talk to a doctor before using Kava Kava. You should NEVER mix Kava with alcohol or other depressants, it may result in a loss of judgement, and being too "out of it", as well as heavy sedation. Mixing Kava Kava with stong opiates may be dangerous. Warning: Very, very heavy Kava use for a long amount of time may aggravate hypertension, and potentially cause a reversible (upon reduction of usage) skin condition, which is quite pronounced. Regular drinkers or people with liver damage, should probably not use Kava. It is possible the certain antidepressant medications (not the SSRI's) may be unsafe with Kava, or unpleasant reactions may occur. Do NOT use Kava with effexor, reboxetine, or a MAOI inhibitor.

Thats about all my info. I typed this while relaxed, and happy on Kava. I hope its true and I don't get significant tolerance. A high enough dose of Kava, will knock you out, within 30 minutes (not recommended). Kava can be used to AID SLEEP, but should not generally be used to induce complete sedation.

Bye

Edited by cybergenesis

Cyber found the Kava =) , I first tried this stuff in the Islands of Polynesia while on a surfing trip in the early 90's, it is pretty good stuff. very hard to find good Kava in Australia though......thought it was Illegal here? it's very similiar to Arak used in Indonesia.

These root made drinks are quite nice to mellow out a hectic day. I always remember on the surf trip we were playing pool after a big day at some epic flesh stripping breaks, smoking a fatty with the locals and drinking Kava with a few beers. Listening to Sublime and watching the waves peel off in the moonlight. Then they made us a huge feed later and we pigged out, then crawled into bed, very happy campers.

Good Times :thumbsup: . A mellow you can't really harsh. lol . :peace: Gh72

I've tried Kava once, it was the roots mixed with water.. I don't know much about the preparation, but the guy who was doing it put the roots in a stocking, and soaked it in water over a bowl, then squeezed it multiple times to get the Kava juice out.

The taste is quite earthy, and a bit bitter, but its bearable!! The effects certainly are amazing Cybergenesis, before I tried it I was told the effects I'd feel are numbing of the mouth, muscle relaxation, and after a while you will literally not be able to stand (im guessing because of the intense relaxation after drinking a fair bit :D).

All in all, it was a good experience, and will definitely not hesitate to have it again!

peace.