Pointers 4 the noobie

OK

I have $80 - $90 to Spend on seeds. Can anyone recommend a strain from AUS co or MJOZ.

Im planning on growing inside, as I just moved off a farm and Only have my Computer room wardrobe space(Il take measurements tomorrow). My family know nothing about my habit and Id like to keep it that way so I need a plant that’s small, potent and has not much of a smell. Id also like to have a high yield (I know, I know, I want everything).

or if possible a potent fast growing plant (Id mass grow it so no need to worry about the smell).

I plan on setting up a small bubbler system any ideas what this would cost?

What setting lights can I get away with? ( I have to go it cheap for a wile as I am Unemployed sob sob)

For the cheapest indoor Setup what price range do you think im looking at vs potency.

Id also like to know if anyone has used the Cheep vaporisers from Cheepvaporizers.com? Is it a con or are they good to use?

Guest weekprik

ozco sends seed from Canada,

It depends on what strain and smoke etc you like,

I would go with clones instead of seeds, as far as smell goes all u need to do is mask it with another smell IE- put fertiliser around your area.

I currently have ak47XC99, afghani#1, G13 in flower, the G13 looks awesome and has the most trichomes, the affi has large fat buds and little smell, the ak c99 cross is piss weak, little buds and not many of them but its a good smoke,

if you want to grow soley to smoke go for a nice indica, but if you wanna sell some to cover your costs then try and get a hold of Big Bud or BB cross,

I also have some M39, AK, WR, NLPI, GWS, Kiwi Green and Golden Bud.

Im planning to reveg the affi,

anyways Long story short, you have many choices and I suggest you PM rodwal and ask him about clones and clone prices, in the mean time check out

www.treatingyourself.com FOR FREE SEEDS!!!!!!, thats where i got the WR, AK, M39 and it cost me nothing,

JRS is also good for seed but I sent an envelope as suggested and didnt recieve anything, BUT i believe my $ got lost in the system as JRS is damn reputable,

If you want to throw good money away buying seed make sure you check out greenmans website for seedbanks,

DONT TOUCH MARK EMERY SEEDS!!!! unless u want males and crap plants.

AUSSIESPC is who set me up, with clones and if possible buy clones from him!! DAS is a top bloke!,

then there is ASSC seed swap club,

need I keep going?? B)

strain info at www.cannagenetics.com,

Edited by weekprik

hey black one, a bubbler system will cost you around $100 to set up maybe alittle more once you buy the bits and pieces. You'll also need a PH meter which will also cost around a $100. Nute meter will cost about another $120 or so but is optional.

On top of this you'l need a cabinet with ventilation, and a light kit. 400W HPS seems to be a popular size and is commonly available at hydro shops. A second hand double wardrobe thats about 450deep, 1200wide and 1800high is good for a 400W setup.

To get setup with a complete bubbler system and lights I reckon you're looking at $700 to $800 total.

Northern Lights is a very popular indoor strain to grow due to its potency and lack of smell.

I would recommend you do as much reading as you can, and you can't ask too many questions, there's always someone here who's happy to answer them. I am a newbie grower, knew nothing about MJ or gardening, made multiple fuck ups in my first grow and even I got more gear than I know what to do with. So if a retard like me can do it anyone can B)

Guest weekprik
hey black one, a bubbler system will cost you around $100 to set up maybe alittle more once you buy the bits and pieces.  You'll also need a PH meter which will also cost around a $100.  Nute meter will cost about another $120 or so but is optional.

On top of this you'l need a cabinet with ventilation, and a light kit.  400W HPS seems to be a popular size and is commonly available at hydro shops.  A second hand double wardrobe thats about 450deep, 1200wide and 1800high is good for a 400W setup.

To get setup with a complete bubbler system and lights I reckon you're looking at $700 to $800 total. 

Northern Lights is a very popular indoor strain to grow due to its potency and lack of smell.

I would recommend you do as much reading as you can, and you can't ask too many questions, there's always someone here who's happy to answer them.  I am a newbie grower, knew nothing about MJ or gardening, made multiple fuck ups in my first grow and even I got more gear than I know what to do with.  So if a retard like me can do it anyone can  B)

You'll also need a PH meter which will also cost around a $100

on a budjet just get a fishtank ph tester $6.00 , they are liquid and usually more reliable than the expensive elect testers, But that said Im buying an electronic one as I have a few spare $,

Nute meter will cost about another $120 or so but is optional.

They are at the top of my list, I just love my truncheon and it saves me heaps of time, but quite right they are not NEEDED but I wouldnt be without mine now.

I just gotta learn more about it like what is the best TDS, PPM for MJ??? i run 1680ppm and my current grow doesnt like it much.

You can do it ALOT cheaper, grab a trading post and buy a system out of that, I brought a Flood and drain system with everything I needed Including the 400watt HPS, for $250-00 and I know someone who is sellling a complete setup for $350-00 including a near new (genuine 1 grow) 600watt HPS,

Or even cheaper, just buy a second hand HPS for about $100-00 and use soil and hand feed,

so You can setup for like $120-00 approx.

If you cant afford the HPS, then Go for 4, four foot long fluros they are cheap, my local market had 4 foot tubes for 0-50c, second hand but still good,

My first attempt at indoors grow in my cheap second hand unit yielded 2.2 pound wet, and it turned out just under a pound dry.

B) I was robbed, some little crack whore stole not only my cash but also my entire stash, and my brand new Dvd player.... (Lucky we hadn’t moved all the stuff in yet)....

I now have $70 for the Setup, so il have to improvise. I got a few buckets ,a fish tank ph meter, a small air pump(Fish tank pump 2 x outlet nozzles)and airstones.

I can get about 4 lamp fittings to make some light. What’s the cheapest bulbs, I can get away with?

Also do you think a bubbler system would make to much noise (Im hiding this grow guys) If so am I better to go with a soil Setup?

Also what’s the expected hike in the Electric bill. I ask this because im not the only one who reads it B)

Any one feel like donating me some seeds?

aragh if i ever catch that little crack loving..................

Edited by Black_one

Guest weekprik

Where are you in Aust? QLD or??

I havent heard a bubbler, BUT i have heard what an airstone sounds like in a bucket and its pretty noisey,

Persoanlly If I were you I would save up and buy everything you need before you even bother growing anything,

If noise is an issue then stick with COCO and use coco nutes, and hand water them,

As far as Lights go, Dont fool yourself, even though HPS is like 100-200 per light 2nd hand, It will out perform a fluro in flower, and will also be cheaper to run,

BUT you can use them, in veg and clones, seedlings and use the HPS when its time to flower,

I would use Compact Fluros and use at least 3 25watt ones,

free seed is available at www.treatingyourself.com I forget the site now but JRS seeds are on donation basis but GOOD quality seed (from what ive read),

BUT heres another but B) I would not waste my time with seeds, buy clones if you can- that way your sure to get

Edited by weekprik

Heya Black one, good to see you're serious about growing.

Myself and a buddy are just getting into a bubbler system ourselves.

You look like you're doing fine ... make sure that light of yours aren't halogen. They're as bad as incandescent lights for growing.

If it is halogen, you won't do too well using it. You mentioned you were after the cheapest lights possible... well fluro lighting is the cheapest there. However HID lights (HPS, MH) are deemed to be much more economic in the long run as they are much more efficient and will produce higher yields for you, HPS especially. Of course the initial cost for these is much higher, 150-200 for a good 400w HPS. Decide what's most important for you and make a decision B)

Also do you think a bubbler system would make to much noise (Im hiding this grow guys) If so am I better to go with a soil Setup?

Test the pump you have, and if it is too noisy, go soil B)

Also what’s the expected hike in the Electric bill. I ask this because im not the only one who reads it

Well, it's hard at this point to say as you have not told us much about your equipment. But let's assume that your light is 400 watts and the fan and pump come to say ... 50 watts. That makes 450 watts total.

Given the fact that you'll be running these 24/0 for approx 3 weeks (if all goes well) and 12/12 for 8 weeks... hrmmm ... that's 10.8 kw.hrs for 24/0 and 5.4 kw.hrs for 12/12. Over a period of 3 months that will use about 583 kw.hrs .. hrmm .. averaged over 84 days... hrmm that will give you an average increase of about 7 kw.hrs a day for an entire 3 month electricity bill statement.

Have a look at some past electricity bills and see what the household uses per day. I will be noticable for sure, but you can easily cover your ass with excuses for usage... and of course offering to pay for it ;)

hey,

with the noise of the bubbler you just have to judge for yourself. Personally I run bubblers and when you close the cupboard door and stand outside you can't hear them. The fans make more noise.

If you already got the airpump then maybe you could do it, because thats the most expensive part of a bubbler setup. For a bubbling bucket all you need is a 15 to 20L bucket (or larger), a lid or cover with hole cut in it for the net pot, clay balls to fill the net pot and thats it. Wrap your bucket & lid in black tape or something to make it light proof. Fill water to about an inch or so above the bottom of the netpot, put airstone in the bottom and you're away. You will need to buy hydro veg & flower nutes though. This is a pic of a plant I grew in a single bubbling bucket on my first attempt no more complicated than what I described above.

but if you're on a real tight budget maybe soil setup is the go. I would suggest 300mm pots with saucers and a potting soil with a PH of around 6.5. Add a couple handfuls of general purpose osmocote and you can do a whole grow without needing any extra nutes.

post-1-1059915083_thumb.jpg