being a n00b to growing MJ, can someone please advise when is the best time to plant seeds in lower vic? I can only plant outside as i cant afford any elaborate setup inside.

I got no idea what type of seeds they are, and I want to plant them in a container so I can move them around as they get bigger, so they are out of sight.

Also can someone tell me how long you veg them for and how long they flower for? Sorry for the questions B)

ta

eliiemay

hey elliemay,

I never grown outdoors but know the time to plant is in Spring, say Octobter to November and expect to harvest in April/May the following year depending on strain.

but inside setups don't cost that much. You may be able to get setup for around $300 if you want to think about it

The only way I remember about planting is "Plant on Father's day, harvest on Mother's day" (I picked that little gem up on these boards).

My first years' outdoor was pretty bodgy (but I managed to grow a plant over Winter which was nice). Last years was great - not a big yield if you're cash cropping but lovely plants (SPC and JRS genetics - total cost maybe $20). Yum.

The only real advice I can offer (not being too technical) is to be patient - really patient - and let the plants get about their growing. Keep an eye out for pests and raise questions here. As Tom once mentioned the most addictive thing about cannabis is growing it.

All the best.

thanks heaps peoples, i am really looking forward to growing some MJ, and not entirely for the stash afterwards, just something fun to do and to have a supply for personal use when i want it B) i will be back here often to make sure i am doing the right thing by the dear plant. thanks again

eliiemay

Hi there elliemay, welcome to ozstoners... Yeah, growing is definitely addictive, but soooo enjoyable. Gardening of any sort is a gateway to the world of plants like you never knew... Interesting things, plants.... Particularly this one.

Anyway, just have a look through the boards, and like others have said before, ask questions when you need help, and you'll do fine. MJ is a resilient little species, and should do very well given a reasonable environment... (p.s. lots of light....)

Talk to you soon elliemay, y'all com back now y'hear? :B):