Hey guys. I have seen previous threads saying lets start a group. I posted replies and I have send PM's and comments etc. to try get in contact with other people in WA who are actually interested in starting the revolution that this country needs. As nothing seems to be happening with these other threads I figured I would start my own for people who are actually interested in doing something. Im not gonna ask you to reply on here in the hopes that I will check back and see you are interested blah blah blah.

If you are in Perth please email me on nibblins@hotmail.com

I live near the coast so I would love to host a BBQ at Scabs some time for those of you who are interested. I check my email daily (usually more if im bored lol) so if you are genuinely interested email me and expect a reply at least the next day.

Dont believe the skeptics. Like the supporters of the failed prop 19 have said "its not if, its WHEN"

we can make a change we just need to stand up for what is RIGHT.

I hope to hear from you all soon

There are already numerous individuals and organisations already formed and waiting for members

http://www.civillibertieswa.org/viewtopic.php?t=16

This would be my first point of contact in WA

The meeting I attended for the QCCL in Queensland when Norm Stamper from LEAP toured was informative and introduced me face to face with individuals who were concerned about injustice and prepared to turn up.

Why not agree to meet at a place where it's already happening? You'll have a chance to involve yourself with real people who actually know a thing or two about the law and what's required to change it

.... or are you hoping to unwittingly organise the worlds largest bbq for drug users and cops?

I'm only trying to be realistic, and if this post gets your nose out of joint I'm afraid you don't have a hope in hell of achieving anything because it's fucking hard work.

Hope this helps :)

Well we probably should have mobilized to stop the new laws and least kicked up a hooha about it, instead it sneaks through unopposed.

Good idea on the Council of Civil Liberties. Will join today.

BBQ sounds good but i live down south :thumbdown:

I reckon a massive 420 civil disobedience event should be on the cards. Get a few hundred tokers to light up outside parliament house, if they do decide to prosecute there would be huge media coverage and publicity.. especially if we chewed up valuable court time by fighting it every step of the way.

Takes some serious conviction to put yourself on the line for the greater good though

Hey mate thanks for the idea. Im gonna get on that site now. Yeah I definately agree that we need to get involved with other groups already out there. Problem is I dont really know any so Im just hoping to get a few people together to hash out whats going on out there (haha). Anyway Ive had a few guys respond so im setting a date for a BBQ in the hopes that it might spur on a little interest. At this stage it will be on the 18th of Dec. Its a month away so there is plenty of time to check for other obligations and also spread the word even if you cant make it yourself.

If you are interested please feel free to pm me on here or send me an email on nibblins@hotmail.com

Cheers

Hey guys,

sorry there was a typo in my earlier post.

The BBQ will be on Sunday the 19th of December at Scarborough beach.

Please email me or pm me to let me know if you are interested and ill try get a big enough group together.

Tell your friends who are interested in making a change around here and hopefully we can figure out our options.

hope to see ya all then guys

cheers

Hey Ducks22 =),

mate your a Newb here with no Rep, so I'll give ya the tip. You just posted a meeting of growers/stoners in a public place on a public part of the forum that can be read by anyone. While you might have the best of intentions and be wanting to change the law which I admire, you are also setting you and the others up. It would take a bored cop skimming through the topics two seconds to grab that info, take down all ya rego plates at the BBQ and start poking around ya houses or at least pull ya's over on the way home.

You are going to have to be a bit smarter mate and PM the people who are coming, not put the details on a thread like this. I would change the venue and time, then I would also do your homework as to who is coming, are they who they say they are? what is their rep?

You also posted your Email address on the thread, not too smart mate. I can find a hotmail account anywhere in the world and grab the IP address in under 10 minutes, so unless you got a safe IP address I hope your wearing a condom. lol .

Take DD's advice and join an existing organization before ya get yaself busted mate.

I might come off as a prick by saying these things, but rather see a safe stoner than a politically active busted one. :thumbsup: :peace: Gh72

i would go. its just about meeting some people and swapping ideas. iam in for the next one let me no. they can have my rego number, i am sure they already have it. dont give up ducks22 just because of what one person says. maybe one day we can get a 100 or 200 people at the beach set up some legalise it flags around us. more public awareness the better. just when we do these things we have to keep it legal.

Ducks22 - you smell because you couldn't even get the bbq organised while people were contacting you wanting to go to it.

On other subjects, The Council for Civil Liberties doesn't sound like it actually has a good legalisation stance.

http://www.civillibertieswa.org/viewtopic.php?t=16

"Effective "War on Drugs" requires focus on end users, with mandatory rehabilitation. If we are not prepared to make drug use illegal we might as well give up on prohibition."

Mandatory rehab? Doesn't sound very good to me. Why not put every single person that drinks in rehab aswell eh?

:thumbdown:

I live in WA and will help heaps. It has to be a united nation wide effort though, once and for all. Mongyman has petitions for the different states for us to download addressing the urgent medical need and requires 10,000 signatures but it would be possible to get 100,000 easy. By signing it one just wants medical cannabis to be a choice for our sick and not an admission of use. Its on this page under cannabis cannavisty table I think.