Ph And Ec Rises In Hours

Hey team

So I got all setup with a familiar system I've done before.

DWC in black buckets, single part nutes, PH lowered, air-stones. (Although PH testing is new to me.)

Just seedlings barely out of small rock wool cubes.

Made up fresh juice yesterday and it was stable @ EC 1.7 and PH @ 5.8. Loaded into the buckets today but the EC and the PH have risen to 2.0 and 6.0 in just a few hours.

Previously, the water was too hot and along with higher levels the seedlings are looking bad so I've been trying to recover them. But each time the readings rise.

Breed: Ghandi.. Taken 2 days ago and looking worse now. It's 31 days old lol!!

post-33895-047158300 1288701041_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing I should lower the levels so they rise into the proper range.

My question is: Does this usually happen? Is it the air-stones?

Please.. any ideas? Thanks.

Just checked again (9 hours later) EC has risen another 0.2 to 2.2, PH is the same @ 6.0

Also checked the name of the nutrients, HyperGro @ 5ml/L

Anyone know what could make the Electrical Conductivity rise, and the PH?

Goin to refresh nutes again at lower values and place another bucket with no plant and see what happens.

Hey Mr S, with the plant being under so much stress and being young I would say the main problem is you are giving it way too high an EC. To let the plant recover from all that stress I would drop it to 600ppm until things start to turn around, maybe even run on plain water for a few days before raising to 600ppm. I would also recommend using a quality 2 part nutrient and a root product like cannazym.

I'd say the EC is rising because the plant is absorbing water but not nutrient which will increase the concentration. All the more reason to flush and then run on a lower EC for a while. pH won't remain stable until the plant stops stressing out.

Hope that helps.

Naycha :peace: