Roots in Drainage......

hey Chev81, I am using same type system as you and i found that after veg growth 2-3 weeks, roots were hanging througth collender about 12 inches with a couple about double that length i cut the long roots off and have had no probs since.Plants were not affected,and i am on the 3rd grow and have learnt somthing every grow. If you havent read the post about Budlink ,superbud and kaboom it is informative . I think FOL and nimer both had posts in it. Later B)

Hey guys,

I dont think it hurts the plant to trim the roots, expecially if your roots are in your drainage, It may be a good idea to trim the leaves at the same time you trim the roots. I liked that pic you posted. I like my system because i can always check on the roots from time to time, and trim them if required.

Heres a pic of the inside of my aerosysytem plants are 30 days old.

post-9-1059918643_thumb.jpg

Guest Field_of_Light

Yeh its a good idea to trim em...as we know...they can lead to major flooding.....

It may knock the plant back a bit if theres loads of em...but usually they count for only a tiny portion of the actual root mass....

Trim or flood........