Prominent B.c. Pot Activist Succumbs To Cancer

A beautiful Tribute to a beautiful woman...

Please remember Michy for her tireless work in this issue around the World!

Thank You.

RIP sweetie.. u will be sadly missed.

Love and a HUGE squish,

Alison Myrden

Federal Medical Marijuana Exemptee in Canada

The Medical Marijuana Mission

http://www.TheMarijuanaMission.com

Retired Law Enforcement Officer

Speaker for LEAP

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

http://www.CopsSayLegalizeDrugs.com

British Columbia, Canada

October 23, 2010

Prominent B.C. pot activist succumbs to cancer

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101023/bc_rainey_obit_101023/20101023?hub=BritishColumbiaHome&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4cc364947b4b1c2e%2C0

By: ctvbc.ca

Date: Saturday Oct. 23, 2010 3:04 PM PT

Michelle Rainey, co-founder of the B.C. Marijuana Party and long-time associate of Marc Emery, has died of cancer.

Rainey, who suffered from Crohn's disease since she was a teenager, had been battling melanoma and lymphatic cancer for years. She succumbed on Wednesday at the age of 39.

Emery wrote of Rainey in a blog posting uploaded two days before her death, calling her "heroic" and "an engine for great change in the world."

"A medical cannabis user herself … she fully appreciated how our seeds were helping thousands of people," Emery wrote.

Those seeds, sold through the Cannabis Culture magazine and website, raised millions of dollars that was contributed to marijuana campaigns and initiatives across Canada and the U.S., Emery said.

It also led to Rainey, Emery, and Gregory Keith Williams being charged and convicted of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana in a Washington State court.

Rainey, who was accused of mailing seeds and growing instructions to U.S. customers, was given two years probation while Emery received a five-year prison sentence.

For the past four years, Rainey had a YouTube channel called Michelle's Medical Marijuana. In her last video, uploaded in August, she announced that her cancer had progressed to stage four, but remained optimistic she would pull through. "I believe that cannabis and alternative medicine can cure cancer," she said.

"I am gonna beat this and I'm gonna show all of you that you can do it as well," she said. "We all can be proactive with our health and also with our minds."

Emery was less optimistic, lamenting the toll that he believed the stress of marijuana activism had taken on Rainey's condition.

"Michelle may have literally given her life to the movement, and when people think about what they can do for freedom in their lifetime, Michelle's life is a shining example of how much is possible," he said.

Edited by Alison Myrden

Please share...

Michelle Rainey's passing made INTERNATIONAL News but I can't seem to Post the Link here... If n e one is interested please add me on facebook and u can see it too. I Posted the story there a few days ago... (my name)

THAT should certainly say something about her incredible work!

I'm so happy we had the chance to work so closely together on something we both care so much about...

RIP my friend, I, and many others around the Globe, will continue to fight for the results YOU fought so hard for!

Now - we need YOUR help.

Together we WILL make a difference!

Love and a HUGE squish,

Alison

xx

Edited by Alison Myrden

Was she ingesting oil like rick simpsons? I just don't see how it cured the cancer... I don't know what her habits were like etc, I think more information needs to be obtained.

Hi sativaindicaruderalis,

Yes Michelle was consuming Rick Simpson's "Cannabis Cure" - the oil - for the last few months of her life, but it didn't seem to help. She had already progressed to Stage 4 by August. Michelle's cancer went to her lungs and her liver at the end and she didn't stand a chance.... Her passing was very quick and very private to those around her.... I'm sorry I can't tell u more of her situation, I only know what she told us over the last few years as she wanted to keep this part of her life as PRIVATE as possible....

Thank u all for understanding.

Alison

xx