Vaporite "remote"

Hey Guys,

spoke briefly about my issue in my first post. But need some help. I had another 2 vapes today using my Vaporite "Remote"

here it is... http://www.cheatingthehangman.net.au/remote.html

So I've been packing the "bowl" with about 0.2-0.5g of green, setting the temp tonight at 150*C or 302*F and gradually worked down from there.

The first hit I got the slight 'popcorn' taste/smell and definately burnt a bit, after turning it down to 130C still seemed to burn, then 125C it seemed to do nothing. I've been taking the bowl off each pull, and some pulls i do get a lovely taste but still not sure on a few things...

1: Does anyone else have this model and can they shine some light on a good temp...?

2: how full does the bowl need to be? I've been putting @ 1cm-2cm max, does it need to be more? or is it sufficient? more would probably handle hight temps? the green isn't 'crumble' dry, it has moisture, nicest stuff ive had in a while actualy. ....

3: Anyoone know anything about the "VAPORSTAR"... like on the youtube clip? would love one, but the Aussie ones say they're out of stock and havent got back to me...WHAT i want to know about it, is......IS IT REALLY A VAPORIZER!???!!

I think i might need a different type of Vape as I'm on a quest to give my lungs some respect!

Cheers CF :guitar:

Hey Capn,

I have Hyper model and have used it for 2 yrs now .VerY good . It did take about two weeks initially to get it right . It is different from bong , it doesn't dreg you out and this may be feeling you miss.

There is bit of a balancing act involved between temperature and how hard you suck.

My hyper is set at 199c 390f.If after you have tryed this temperature sucking as hard as you can for 3 secs and still burns then back off 5f at a time . Suck 3 secs hard , remove pipe from mouth, continue to inhale deeper .

If a nooby uses it they invariably set it on fire by not sucking hard enough. The mull should lose it's colour but not glow or carbonize .

Answer 2. You only need to just cover screen , then push lightly into place using a piece of 12 mm dowel.About 100mg . 0.1g . Or 1 pinch, is a good amount .

You are better off more small amounts .

1-2 cm is a crazy huge amount , the heat will never get thru ,it's a waste .Try 3mm ( not that I ever measured)Same amount as small cone .

My guess is you're not sucking hard enough , that's why it's catching on fire at such low temp.

I suggest you persevere with one you have , you will get it to work , just takes practice and is a far cleaner nicer stone .

Thanks guys, great help!

Yeah these were the things I was aware of.

1: The process of getting used to it not being a 'bong' hit. I am only 'young' compared to all the seasoned veterans on here, but have been smoking bongs heavily for over 10yrs and starting to really feel my lungs not liking it as much, also I smoke a far bit and cant really afford what i smoke at the moment (about to move house etc! Crazy times! but getting a grow cupboard happening after the move, so trust me I will have many a question on that subject being a noob!! :bongon: )

2: Would take about 2weeks etc to get used to a few aspects of it....heating, pulling, duration, the 'high' itself, and i am prepared to go through this, but with the little amount I have at the moment, it's hard to split it between "testing" and actually just smoking it for now.

I guess reading my own writing (funny how you can answer your own questions half the time... :stunned: ) I just need to bite the bullet and persist with it. I dont actually have the pot to be smoking lots of bongs etc at the moment, so I should just get comfortable in my chair with my vape and get to know her better..... :thumbsup:

Thank for all the assistance.

@kevin07 - I shall start it at that temp and do the 'pull' process you suggested and I'll let y'all know how it goes. Should be getting some beaut-bud tonight...report back tomorrow.

Cheers

CF :guitar: