Flooded Please Help

just went into my grow room to find res near empty and water all over floor.On closer inspection discovered one of my pots overflowing.I lifted the pot out to see what was going on to discover roots had grown half the length of my return hose.I cant deal with this at the moment(have fixed immediate problem but this will probably happen again).So in the morning i was going to organize overflow lines on each of the pots,but this still doesnt solve all my problems so i would really appreciate some advice on this as its stressing me out.I have 20 litre sattelite pots with perlite as the medium.

just went into my grow room to find res near empty and water all over floor.On closer inspection discovered one of my pots overflowing.I lifted the pot out to see what was going on to discover roots had grown half the length of my return hose.I cant deal with this at the moment(have fixed immediate problem but this will probably happen again).So in the morning i was going to organize overflow lines on each of the pots,but this still doesnt solve all my problems so i would really appreciate some advice on this as its stressing me out.I have 20 litre sattelite pots with perlite as the medium.

Toostoned.. had this prob before... its half the fun engineering out all the problems you face along the way....

Yeah I cut an overflow point on the outside pot but I added square tubs underneath and had my drain pipe coming out of this.....this way you can see if ya roots are chasing the magic dragon down the drain hole......little bit more expensive, but worth it...

Toostoned.. had this prob before... its half the fun engineering out all the problems you face along the way....

Yeah I cut an overflow point on the outside pot but I added square tubs underneath and had my drain pipe coming out of this.....this way you can see if ya roots are chasing the magic dragon down the drain hole......little bit more expensive, but worth it...

thanks for that idea,Im going to get some larger square containers now.So simple but dont know if i would have thought of it

thanks for that idea,Im going to get some larger square containers now.So simple but dont know if i would have thought of it

Hey mate bunnings generally stock all these kinda tubs.. just measure ya stuff so its gonna fit sweet.. and order these unless you can find em.. makes it heaps easier than siliconing all the tubs up cause they will leak...these are gold...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-X-19MM-TUB-OUTLET-FITTING-PLUMBING-HYDROPONICS-/200361213396?pt=AU_Seed_Starting_Hydroponics&hash=item2ea6757dd4

Have fun!!