Some Advice On My Cool Lights Please

just finished doing a setup with 2 600HPS cool lights.I have my ducting running out through vent i made but have not set up ducting for air intake as i was wandering if i left ducting off would this also take the air out of the room or would this warmer air stop my lights running as cool as they should.On the site where i order my equipment from they had an end cap with a flap going only one way so air could be drawn in but none come out but i cant see why you would use this as the air is only going to go one way while the fan is on any way.Can some one please explain these things to me.

I used to run cool tubes for a year or so and I had a 150mm centrifugal fan sucking in fresh air from outside the tent, being pushed over the bulbs, then blown out the other side of the tent.

I was told that you want the fan before the lights not after, and it seems to work well that way.

I think that you would be better off having a separate exhaust system for the rooms air, especially if it's larger than a wardrobe etc..

Jimbo :peace:

I run a lotasa a cooltubes and i find it best like this...........

untitled.bmp

Pick abit shit but what ya do is draw fresh air from outa the room, thought ya lights n back out the room...been workin a treat for awhile now.

This is a old pic help ya understand abit better.post-16360-012873300 1287439169_thumb.jpg

Sorrry not sure y the top image is like that

Edited by pisspotgrower

I run my cooltubes opposite. The hot air from the cooltubes i exhaust into my roof cavity. I run them in pairs with a 150mm inline fan in between the 2 cooltubes. I have an odor sock on one end of a pair of tubes & i run ducting on the other end & up into the roof. I then have a 200mm fan that pumps cool fresh air into my room. With 4 pairs of cooltubes & 4 x 150mm inline fans pulling stinky air thru 4 odor socks my room has just enough negative pressure to ensure that any air leaving my room first must pass thru an odor sok. Doing it this way a lot of the heat produced by the lights is removed from my room. The cooltubes stay only warm to the touch & a thermometer hung a couple of inches below the cooltubes runs at around 35c.

I run my cooltubes opposite. The hot air from the cooltubes i exhaust into my roof cavity. I run them in pairs with a 150mm inline fan in between the 2 cooltubes. I have an odor sock on one end of a pair of tubes & i run ducting on the other end & up into the roof. I then have a 200mm fan that pumps cool fresh air into my room. With 4 pairs of cooltubes & 4 x 150mm inline fans pulling stinky air thru 4 odor socks my room has just enough negative pressure to ensure that any air leaving my room first must pass thru an odor sok. Doing it this way a lot of the heat produced by the lights is removed from my room. The cooltubes stay only warm to the touch & a thermometer hung a couple of inches below the cooltubes runs at around 35c.

Interesting.Thats what I was thinking of doing as I am building another room shortly when I finish my grow and will invest in some cooltubes but not 4 pairs.You must be pulling a few through that many lights.More power to you.