Vacumn Storing?

Hi all, After drying and curing buds, would it be alright to vac store the buds?. Or is it best to dry then just vac them.

I have no idea if mould will grow if there is any moisture in middle of the buds while there vac sealed. Any ideas or thoughts

would be great. Thanks.

......Pisslips....:scratchin:

I just opened a vacum bag of Thai Lights. It was cured in jars from harvest in May until August. Then vacum sealed (make sure the bags don't leak). Just had a small scoob and I must say it has definitely improvd the stone. IMO it should be cured in the jars then bagged.

You will get no mould so long as the bags hold their vacum.

Did I say it has improved the stone? :stunned:

Yep I wasn't getting this fucked from the jar cured bud.:D:P:wacko:

I just opened a vacum bag of Thai Lights. It was cured in jars from harvest in May until August. Then vacum sealed (make sure the bags don't leak). Just had a small scoob and I must say it has definitely improvd the stone. IMO it should be cured in the jars then bagged.

You will get no mould so long as the bags hold their vacum.

Did I say it has improved the stone? :stunned:

Yep I wasn't getting this fucked from the jar cured bud.:D:P:wacko:

Thanks Brick,

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. I was hoping that vacing it before storing will hide the smell from the dogs, but was worried that it might start to get a bit of mould.

......pisslips.....

Thanks Brick,

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. I was hoping that vacing it before storing will hide the smell from the dogs, but was worried that it might start to get a bit of mould.

......pisslips.....

Only if the bags leak. It is said if you put in buds with a little mould it dies off as it has no air to grow in. Bit like us really!:whistle: You can wash the bags, dry them off, wear rubber gloves etc and you can't smell a thing.

Fucking terrific when you open the bag though, aroma's plus.:thumbsup:

Edited by brick50

yea like brick i too vacumn seal my weed and reckon it also slows degredation due to the fact there is no air exchanged

did it once before curing and 4 months latter dug it up and it had a noticable colour change too and smoked real smooth

but i cure in glass 1st now just to make sure moisture is at right level then vacumn heat seal

:peace:

yea like brick i too vacumn seal my weed and reckon it also slows degredation due to the fact there is no air exchanged

did it once before curing and 4 months latter dug it up and it had a noticable colour change too and smoked real smooth

but i cure in glass 1st now just to make sure moisture is at right level then vacumn heat seal

:peace:

Thanks frazz,

I am going to go and buy myself a machine now. I would hate to lose any of my stash after going to all the trouble of growing it.

Thankyou.

.....pisslips.....

Only if the bags leak. It is said if you put in buds with a little mould it dies off as it has no air to grow in. Bit like us really!:whistle: You can wash the bags, dry them off, wear rubber gloves etc and you can't smell a thing.

Fucking terrific when you open the bag though, aroma's plus.:thumbsup:

Thanks brick, I didnt even give a thought to washing my hands and wearing gloves after sealing the bags. It does prove that your never to old to learn new tricks. Thanks for taking the time and answering my question mate.

.....Pisslips....:yahoo:

hey there, I use air tight glass jars in a dark place for my personal smoke but any extra buds that I cant fit in my glass I keep in "oven bags". They are totally airtight and are great for curing buds. No smell!!! They are also cheap. Just twist em off with a rubber band.

re: vac sealing. I have a vac sealer and use the airtight bags to post weed. Just put it in the bag and into a DVD/VHS case, no dramas =)