Cloning For Outdoors

im not a new grower but iv had to go with clones instead of seeds this year for my out door grow and im not sure whether i can take my clones from 24 hrs of 2x30w fluro cloning lights to a 12-13 hour summer day with out it flowering. if not can u please give me some info on how i can prep them for my out door grow by maby slowly shortaning the timer on the lights after the clones have fully rooted.the strins i am using are JOCK HORROR and VENUS FLYTRAP any help would be great thanks

I too am starting some clones that will be going outdoors this year and I read that to reduce the chance of them turning to flower straight away that you should root and vege the cuttings on the hours of light you expect to have outside once you put them out. I'm not sure how accurate that is as I'm a noob, but it sounds like it makes enough sense to give it a go :)

got the exact same issue smoke. Mine are on 24 and what i plan to do is put them outside with a strong nitrogen fert. I have just bought this one today from America which should come soon enough http://www.aurorainnovations.org/buddha_grow.html , its called Buddha grow. When you put them outside feed them a high 'Nitrogen' fert like this to help encourage veg and if you get them out a good amount of time before December 21 (when the days start shortening and the plants get ready to flower) the plants will be smart enough to realise that the days are still getting longer and therefore re vert to veg.

So yes they will flower but they will re vert back to veg with the right TLC.

My question however which I'm unsure of is if this will make them hermie to an extent when flowering comes? As I bought very little feminized seeds, im looking foward to possibly getting some more seeds from the crop :applause:

Cheers

Scraps

Edited by sargentscraps

Hi Fellas,

I do this regularly. I take quite a few extra clones than I need for emergencies (ie a mate needs some or those horrible men in those awful blue uniforms come knocking.)and not to waste them I put them outside. It's nice to taste the variation of the same clones from indoor to outdoor. I have them away from my room and have them under a 24hr fluro. A week prior to putting them outside I reduce the fluro time 3 days 18hr, 3 days 15hr then straight outside. Works a treat. I haven't had any problems with them turning as there isn't that big shock of 24 to 13 or so. I feed them on the same nutes as inside.

VERY NICE :thumbsup:

Just some advice

Merl1n

im not a new grower but iv had to go with clones instead of seeds this year for my out door grow and im not sure whether i can take my clones from 24 hrs of 2x30w fluro cloning lights to a 12-13 hour summer day with out it flowering. if not can u please give me some info on how i can prep them for my out door grow by maby slowly shortaning the timer on the lights after the clones have fully rooted.the strins i am using are JOCK HORROR and VENUS FLYTRAP any help would be great thanks

i have done clones outdoors for the last ten years and dont think it would be worth doing these days otherwise.If you put them straight to sun u can watch them burn in front of you but this is easily avoided.Start with total shade for first and mabe second day then move under sun with shade cloth but still mabe partial shade and slowly introduce sun over a period of 2 weeks.just keep an eye on them and they will let u know if u are rushing them

As Tooostoned sez, harden `em off...

I had a seriously hard time getting WW cuttings to thrive outdoors, they could`nt handle the heat of summer, would`nt put decent roots down, etc...problem there as material was coming from many generations of indoor runs... bought more seed and never looked back...kept a mother going outdoors and indoors in the cold weather,

material off that was OK...

From the start, its about hardening `em off properly...

JAIKAI