Seedlings

Hi all, on grand final day i planted 4 seeds, super lemon haze, opium, jack herer and purple #1. After having germinated the seeds and being soaked in yesterdays great sun (not sprouting though).........I thought they would be great. But after no sun today and even worse conditions forecast tomorrow i'm worried they won't get enough sun.

My question is I have a 400w hps and i was considering chucking them under it from a far distance and trying to match the daylight hours??, or should i leave them outside and hope they make it through tomorrow. If anyone has advice please let me know,

Cheers

G'day mate ! Some seeds take 1 week to rise above ground !

I've had some arrive in 12 days !

I do this to increase the germination possibilities

I use my wifes nail file and gently file the edges of the seed to soften the husk !

Then soak em for 12-18hrs in a glass of slighty warm water then sit them on the foxtel machine for warmth if they sink in the water you have good seeds !

I also like to stir em around a bit as well to help them sink after 12hrs .

After this i use the paper towel method up until the root is showing ...

Then i gently place em in soil and wait a few days !

Good Luck mate ! :thumbsup:

Guys... dope grows wild in some areas of the world. The seeds can survive cold winters high up mountain sides in Afghansitan or in humid, tropical heat near the equator!!! :stunned: It amazes me how much molly-coddling people do to try to get their seeds to sprout!!! :doh: My germination rate is better than 90% & I don't fuck around with paper towelling or singing Kum-bai-ya to 'em :ack: Just make a hole in the soil using your pointing finger down to the first joint (i.e. top joint of the finger just past your nail - about 1.5cm). Next drop the seeds in. Then fill the hole back up with dirt but DON'T pack it down. Gently water & leave it the fuck alone!!! In the next 7-10 days it will sprout...if it doen't then it probably wasn't viable in the first place. Water it GENTLY when it appears & don't let it dry out or it can develop a fungas that eats the stem called "damping-off". If it isn't sunny it doesn't matter. Leave it where you want to plant it & let it HARDEN THE FUCK UP!!! Whew!!!

my question is though that the tails are already out and searching for light but there is none, im worried without sun they stretch too much or something, just wanting to know if i can prevent myself from losing seeds by putting them under lights, just wanting to reduce mistakes. Guessing after that rant i should leave them though. thanks for the reply

Sorry Sarge!!! My wife told me off for the rant too!!! :crazy: They'll be fine. As Naycha says thee roots don't need light. Remember...photosynthesis only occurs in the green bits. Just put the little girls in the spot where you want to grow them & let 'em sort themsevles out. They then adjust to the photoperiod(length of light/dark), make themselves comfy & then...BOOM. On a quiet day you can just about hear 'em growing!!! :thumbsup: Good luck, mate.