What's Going On With My Seedling?

It's been like this for a few days now and I don't know what it's doing, if anything at all.

post-39700-092475700 1284451364_thumb.jpg

The big round sides are not the seed shell, but weird looking leaf like things. The inside are green, the outside is brown and is slowly turning green.

Inside are very miniature leafs which are slowly growing but just barely.

I must admit this isn't what I thought a seedling would look like. The round leaf looking things on the side I've not seen before on anyone elses grows (this is my first attempt.)

I have this under a light @ ~25C temp on 18/6 with a fan running on the side. I water it when the top soil gets dry which is every 2nd day or so.

This is taking ages to get going, and I don't think this seed is right?

.....................And on the 7th day God created Coco and smited the crappy seed raising mix and dodgy soil blends, choosing a medium that was more stable than crappy garden chain soil mixes.......................And all was right in the world again.........

He proclaimed " Raise thy seeds in a saucer or cup of water with maybe a bit of tissue paper, then thou should, on seeing the tap root, gently place the seed into a small pot and use only water upon her until she is bigger, not nutes nor fertilizers shall touch it, until the day of the second set of leaves, then all shall rejoice with a tiny offering of nutes to them, and the angels will laugh and rejoice, playing the occasional pull my finger fart jokes with each other. =) Gh72

For starters the seed in probably a bung seed. You get that and it really dosnt warant a thread in my opinion. Practice with bag seed and youl get the picture quick enough.

Nice poem GH :thumbsup:

However I've used searles seed raising mix for copious amounts of seed without ever a problem. Nutes either veg/flower from the get go at .4ec or thereabouts . Soaking the seed for 24 hours before sowing. I also dont agree with using an inert medium such as coco without nutes. Great way too get seed/seedlings of too off to a listless and anemic start.

Good luck for the future Gramin. You'll get past the point of worring over induvidual seeds pretty quick.

MOving on :whistle: