Fencing Options?

Hey Guys,

So Ive found my plots for this years grow show. Deep into a national park where it crosses onto crown land. It looked great during the day. But after getting up at 4am to take some soil in Im not so sure, Ive never seen so many wallabies in my life! Ive scouted every weekend for 2 months to find this place and its pretty perfect apart from the wildlife. Im going to have 6 big sativas (4 durban poison and 2 easy sativa) in the first plot. They are all from feminized seed which has just popped. I plan to take a heap of clones before summer and turn that 6 into close to 50 (in multiple plots but in the same general area). What are my fencing options to keep the wallabies out? Ive got a tiny budget but want to give this season a red hot go.

Bloody Wallabies!!!!!! My advice, dig a moat, fill with water, add parahnas and attach Pitbulls to outside of moat on running chain. If flesh eating fish and shit bags with teeth don't stop them......nothing will. lol.

Seriously.......Chicken wire and bury about 3-4ft of it under the ground, so they can't dig in (where there's wallabies, theres rabbits). Star pickets to hold it up around your plot and camoflage by cutting strips of hessian sacks and threading randomly through wire. Getting some dogs out there to piss around the grow would also help, wallabies are low on the food chain. =) Best of Luck. Gh72

• Downvote 1

Bloody Wallabies!!!!!! My advice, dig a moat, fill with water, add parahnas and attach Pitbulls to outside of moat on running chain. If flesh eating fish and shit bags with teeth don't stop them......nothing will. lol.

Seriously.......Chicken wire and bury about 3-4ft of it under the ground, so they can't dig in (where there's wallabies, theres rabbits). Star pickets to hold it up around your plot and camoflage by cutting strips of hessian sacks and threading randomly through wire. Getting some dogs out there to piss around the grow would also help, wallabies are low on the food chain. =) Best of Luck. Gh72

Cheers mate. Chicken wire was my first option too. Prety cheap and light to carry in. Didnt think of burying it though, didnt know the fuckers like to dig!

Good tip about burying the chicken wire 3-4'. Only problem that I see is that is a lot of hard digging and a BIG area of badly disturbed ground to camoflage (or risk being as obvious as dogs balls to planes). Would laying rusty chicken wire for 5-6' over the ground do just as good to keep the bunnies out?

Also does anyone know if any cheap and effective poisons exist (and readily available to the general public)against bunnies, roos, possums etc.

Good tip about burying the chicken wire 3-4'. Only problem that I see is that is a lot of hard digging and a BIG area of badly disturbed ground to camoflage (or risk being as obvious as dogs balls to planes). Would laying rusty chicken wire for 5-6' over the ground do just as good to keep the bunnies out?

Also does anyone know if any cheap and effective poisons exist (and readily available to the general public)against bunnies, roos, possums etc.

hey penny best of luck with this year :ph34r:

id stick to the fencing wire to stop the wild life

..and wouldnt use poisons out in a national park (love me dakka but love the small amount of native animals we have left in our parks too..)i know they are farrkin anoying around our patches and cause alot of extra work but stick to the tryed and true ...fence well piss around plot and cross the fingers :peace: best of luck safe grow...HM :guitar:

hey penny best of luck with this year :ph34r:

id stick to the fencing wire to stop the wild life

..and wouldnt use poisons out in a national park (love me dakka but love the small amount of native animals we have left in our parks too..)i know they are farrkin anoying around our patches and cause alot of extra work but stick to the tryed and true ...fence well piss around plot and cross the fingers :peace: best of luck safe grow...HM :guitar:

i quite agree here,,we are growing in there territory there is no need to kill what has a right to live..so some good fencing and my method of control which works well is to pee in a plastic bottle then put that in the plot and leave the lid loose..this way i can get away with no fencing at all...plus my little dog comes with me and he likes to pee on all the bushes..this helps a lot