DFA with a strong argument against Prop 19

:D :) :freak:

Apparently now legalising canna means more divorce, domestic violence and child abuse!!! Oh mercy. I guess it's easy to say anything and everything if you don't have to back it up with any facts...(and I'm not even going to start on the 240,000 joints bit..)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Election-2010...ia-legalize-pot

No: legalization means more costs

Proposition 19 will not solve California’s economic woes. It does not require the state to impose a tax on marijuana; it only allows local governments to determine if and how they will tax pot, although the entire state risks increased billions in health and social expenditures resulting from increased use.

We have already seen and paid for the effects that tobacco and alcohol have had on society. If we learn from past experiences, we can conclude that marijuana would follow down the same path.

Legalizing marijuana use would substantially increase its already formidable costs to society. That’s because the initiative would allow individuals to possess up to about 120 joints and cultivate 25 square feet of plants, capable of yielding up to 240,000 joints.

This initiative will lead to Amsterdam-style pot cafes and more grow houses. Black market sales would continue and aggressively target children, while tax evasion would be inevitable since there is no formal way to regulate this drug, resulting in very little government revenue. Supporters of drug legalization seek to protect the selfish, perceived rights of the minority – drug users who want the freedom to use their drugs of choice – at the peril of the majority.

Legalization would also create an influx in drugged-driving fatalities, more deteriorated neighborhoods, more divorce, more domestic violence, more child abuse, and more addiction!

– Calvina Fay, executive director, Drug Free America Foundation, Inc

Edited by snooch

Wow more scare tactics.

All untrue.

I know many parents that smoke marijuana who are not child abusers. Indeed I do not personally know any parent that only consume pot that is a child abuser, neither have I met such a parent.

I have however seen directly children beaten unconshous by drunk parents, and bashed up multiple times by methamphetamine junkies.

In deed I personally know about 7 kids that WERE SEVERELY abused as children, physically beaten, severely psychologically abused (constantly throughout their childhoods), severely neglected, and sexually abused.

ALL of the kids agree that if their drug abusing parents consume any drug, they'd prefer it was cannabis. As kids they learnt to associate their mum smoking cannabis, instead of being drunk, with her being nice to them. On the occasions where she drunk, they would often get bashed, black eyes, bruises etc.

While I don't agree with driving under the influence of cannabis, there is no reason to believe legalization would suddenly make the people who act responsibly suddenly start acting irresponsibiliy. Also I don't believe the risk from driving on cannabis compared to the risks from alcohol, especially in experienced cannabis users. If somebody was gonig to drive me that was under the influence of ANY drug, I'd chose cannabis.

I wonder if the stupid person that wrote the article actually believes what they type.

Man you crack me up, GottaGrow!!!! :freak: That was fucking funny. What's not funny are the prohibition enforcing beurocrats that are ignorant to the mostly peaceful moods dope smokers are in compared to the nasty drunks and meth heads out in society. Me dear ol' mum is now raising her great grandson 'cause granddaughter is a scumbag meth-head!!! But hey....while it's still banned the prices are up!!!