7,000kgs of marijuana seized in Dutch haul

• Admin
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/24/2992466.htm[/url'> ']Amsterdam police have found 7,000 kilograms of marijuana and hashish in a warehouse near Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands, with an estimated street value of 40 million euros ($57 million).

The Netherlands has about 700 "coffee shops" where the sale of marijuana is tolerated, each allowed to have 500 grams in stock - meaning the stash could supply them all 20 times over.

Photos on the police website show a shipping container filled with cardboard boxes, each box stuffed with tightly wrapped bricks of pot and hash.

Small quantities of soft drugs like marijuana are legal to possess under Dutch law, but trafficking in massive quantities is still a serious crime.

Author:

Date: 25/08/2010

Source: ABC News Online

Copyright: © 2010 ABC

At schipol itself, I wonder if Howard Marks was involved, that's one hell of a quantity of THC. Now why would it be in the Netherlands? I guess it probably was destined for another european country.. "If" I were to house that much cannabis and wanted it to be taken away by plane a consideration would be made for it to be dutch. Although the people involved are looking at serious charges, they will be less severe then say the UK if they were busted there. But, the Dutch police are amongst the most advanced in the world when it comes to narcotics...

Bad luck

:)

Edited by Allotropy