Cannibus Agronomy STOP BABYING YOUR PLANTS

I was flicking through an agronomy journal when i came across some trials done on hemp cultivars of sativa. However, they had a significant problem with the THC contect of the trial crops. The THC has to be lower than .3%. "To date, Tasmania and Victoria have reviewed their legislation and crops of industrial Cannabis sativa with THC lower than 0.3% are permitted"

The trial was looking at using some subtropical hemp cultivars other than the traditional european cultivars.

THe interesting part is that the trials failed in a sense because of the THC content. "The THC results for this trial are as yet confidential but in general were, for each variety, higher than the tested THC percentage of their parent crops, in some cases up to 100% higher"

It was suggested by hemp guru's from europe that the THC content could be related to dry conditions and sucking insects.

I did some research into this and there is some really interesting stuff about the biochem pathway response and resulting gene transcription and then resulting increased THC in response to stressors such as insect attack and drought induced increased absisecic acid (terrible spelling) .

I know personally and others have always suspected that girls who get it rough really produce powerful buds. I know my outdoor plants always produce a potent smoke. INteresting readiing i thought i would share anyway.

Edited by GIY

yes interesting. I don't go overboard creating perfect conditions in every aspect. I just try to get the temps and humidity within a decent level and not over feed them. They know what to do next, the rest looks after itself. Not that I'm a pro grower or nothing, but so far so good. Hopefully my newby-ness will get some strong bud. :rolleyes: